Cercon Art and Eye

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have been using this system for a little over a year now and have had very good results. This system only mills Zirconia and some type of acrylic or plastic for casting. I do not mill in house but I do the scanning and design work and then send it to Compartis, which is their milling center. I usually get the substructures back in 2 or 3 days. Single units are very simple but bridgework is more difficult with this system than others. If you complete the scan and then have an imperfection anywhere on the 3D model you have to rescan the entire case. I was told today that they would be moving Compartis, which is in pennsylvania, to China. My lease on this system will be up in about 6 months and due to this fact will go swiftly out the door. Lets hope for more available systems soon.

Thanks,
Jason

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hi Jason

I have the Cercon unit myself, we also have the Brain. I agree, a poor scan on bridge work is very annoying.

Sean

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I want to make a correction. I received a phone call from one of the high ps a Ceramco regarding the substructures coming from China. He said my salesrep was way off and they have just invested 1.5 million in Compartis and had no intention of having units milled in China. They will however use the scanner to send files to China for copings which will be milled and cast there.

I just wanted to clear that up even though I cant figure out why my rep would take the conversation to the point of me leaving his company. Huge misunderstanding I guess.

PGguy, they are working on an update to the software that wil allow you to rescan a die etc without rescanning the entire thing.