ceramists; stain and glaze veneers, how may in a day?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
image.php
We know that's not you, not only are there fish in there, there might also be gators!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'd never get that close to shore once I make it to upstate NY.
Turds,gators ,sharks in that order.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Depends on the quality you are looking for. I have met some incredibly gifted techs that will spend a day on two centrals.
What is the price point you are charging for these? It would help to obtain a realistic number based on a profit margin.
a day? staining and glazing 2 centrals only?
cmon bob. i dont know anyone spending 8 hours on staining and glazing 2 crowns. maybe Al can weigh in but im guessing he isnt spending that long on it either
20min program approx....even if you fire 6 stains and 1 glaze coat thats still just a few hours plus labor time.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Are they $89.00 veneers or $325.00 veneers? Maybe if you have a current standard of production and quality we could be of more help

Sorry let me add what I should have put in the post.
Den-mat Lumineers, I think around $200.00 per unit. I was paid hourly at $25.00 an hour and they expected 22 units a day fit, contour, stain (if needed) and glaze. I felt this was very fair and actually would complete 26 to 28 a day because I would get bored doing only 22. I did do 42 one day just for fun. It didn't go over well. The normal amount went out as far as QC, but once management realized what had happened the really ratcheted up the return percentage on us for a couple of days. The other techs weren't very happy with me, they were good people and got over it. I did it out of curiosity and would not have had I known what the reaction from management would be. The milled units fit like socks on a rooster, the pressed units I had to find the veneer in the chunk of porcelain. Being low man on the totem pole I didn't get the best waxer!!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
a day? staining and glazing 2 centrals only?
cmon bob. i dont know anyone spending 8 hours on staining and glazing 2 crowns. maybe Al can weigh in but im guessing he isnt spending that long on it either
20min program approx....even if you fire 6 stains and 1 glaze coat that's still just a few hours plus labor time.
Sorry, these were layered. Yes, I agree, it is crazy, I didn't hire this person due to the lack of production. This tech now owns his own lab and now get $800-1000 a veneer for his work, which is impeccable. I'm not sure what his production levels are today but I'm sure is doing very well working alone.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
How many veneers should a ceramist be able to finish in a day if the cases were pressed and ready to remove from the sprue?
with cutback on ant. 6?
stain and glaze only?
My take, at $200 a unit, experienced techs should be able to complete 3 - 6 unit cases a day. Getting them really nice may take a 10 hour day. That said, I would apply 50% of the production cost to this initiative, or $1800.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
How many veneers should a ceramist be able to finish in a day if the cases were pressed and ready to remove from the sprue?
with cutback on ant. 6?
stain and glaze only?
Fitting: 5 units/hr
Stain & Glaze: 10units/hr
Glaze Only: 15units/hr (Spray Glaze)

How many labs are using spray on glaze?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I'm a start to finish guy and can do 8 to 12 units a day start to finish. I can't imagine how many if all I was doing was stain and glaze full contours. 30 to 40.

Decalcified

Decalcified

Reaction score
Are you talking just stain and glaze? Or fitting it to the solid, etching and polishing etc..so it's ready to send right out the door?

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Sorry, these were layered. Yes, I agree, it is crazy, I didn't hire this person due to the lack of production. This tech now owns his own lab and now get $800-1000 a veneer for his work, which is impeccable. I'm not sure what his production levels are today but I'm sure is doing very well working alone.

It is quite astonishing being able to charge 1000 dollars per veneer... amazing... wonder who pays that... and what the dentist charges the patient...

A

adl

Reaction score
It is quite astonishing being able to charge 1000 dollars per veneer... amazing... wonder who pays that... and what the dentist charges the patient...
The dentist steps on it 6 -7 times,lol

G

grantoz

Reaction score
we nead to know whos asking? if its a dentist he will want 300 a day