ceramists; stain and glaze veneers, how may in a day?

J

Jeremiah76

Reaction score
How many veneers should a ceramist be able to finish in a day if the cases were pressed and ready to remove from the sprue?
with cutback on ant. 6?
stain and glaze only?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
As many as you can do.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Very open question really. 1 if you are slow, 30 if you are fast. More if you work late..

doug

doug

Reaction score
Are they $89.00 veneers or $325.00 veneers? Maybe if you have a current standard of production and quality we could be of more help

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
SImple stain a fair amount, Multi layer/fire I would thing at least 15

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
assuming a fire for stain, and a second fire for glaze...
25-30 easy. just stain and glaze isnt much time at all. getting them onto a tray without dropping them is the tricky part lol

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i sit down most mornings and glaze 5-10 units (some with a stain fire) in about 2hr. this includes phone and employee interruptions. but glazing has come a loooooong way and is far easier than it used to be. if i had zero distractions and interruptions the total amount of glazes i could do in a day would be a fair number.
veneers are more tricky, so maybe i was a bit high on 25-30....but 20 should be easily attained in 8 hours. seriously 10 on a tray for a stain fire, and in the oven. then fill another 10 on a tray for a stain fire. total time ~2-3 hours? or less? then repeat for glaze fires on both. easy IMHO

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Does he have to fix contacts and shape ? If that is all perfect you can do tons of not maybe 2-6 lol. Pretty vague question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
1 .... at one million dollars;)

How many can you do depends on how proficient you are. So...How proficient are you?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
How many veneers should a ceramist be able to finish in a day if the cases
were pressed and ready to remove from the sprue?
with cutback on ant. 6?
stain and glaze only
?

This appears not to be stain and glaze only according to the OP. Looks like 3 separate questions. This sounds like someone who has no idea what it takes to accomplish this. So you're looking at cutting off sprues after pressing. Who is gonna do this....More can be accomplished by the ceramist if the OP cuts off sprues and make ready for layering those with cutbacks and stain and glaze. So it boils down to the OP ..... How fast and how many can he cut-off and grind in preparation for the ceramist.
Or...Just let the ceramist do his or her thing.

Sounds like someone's fishing...maybe a potential slave driver...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yall need to pick up the pace.. in China they can do 100 a day.. of course its an 18 hour day and the techs are 16 years old.. but..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Depends on the quality you are looking for. I have met some incredibly gifted techs that will spend a day on two centrals.
What is the price point you are charging for these? It would help to obtain a realistic number based on a profit margin.