Ceramill Zolid fx Multilayer

user name

user name

Reaction score
Honestly, I think these two materials are the most esthetic available. Out of curiosity, who at Zahn said: "Don't waste your time"?
So you think they look identical? Some digital expert that the sales lady said I should be placing orders through...I don't recall his name off hand, but I could find it. His opinion is the STML is better. Im just curious.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No, They are not the same. I think the AG looks a little nicer. That said, using either will likely improve your work dramatically.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Since when does some 'digital expert' at zahn get to see different units on a model or in the mouth for that matter. Who cares what salespeople say.
What good is a material you cant do bridges with? Although I use it and think it looks great, it will be outdated soon. Heres a single central (8) I did in fx multilayer, I milled an A1 and took it too a C1 incisal, I actually lightened it up when the Dr reprepped the buccal margin:banghead: Retracted_06-15-04 (1).jpg

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Since when does some 'digital expert' at zahn get to see different units on a model or in the mouth for that matter. Who cares what salespeople say.
What good is a material you cant do bridges with? Although I use it and think it looks great, it will be outdated soon. Heres a single central (8) I did in fx multilayer, I milled an A1 and took it too a C1 incisal, I actually lightened it up when the Dr reprepped the buccal margin:banghead: View attachment 26447
Just to set the record straight, I do own a 35 person dental laboratory and deal with materials all the time. The lab, ADT has been a leader in the region for all ceramics for decades. In addition, I do no sales at Zahn nor HS.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think we all know that Bob, I was referring to sales reps at zahn. I think everyone here regards you as a digital expert, but again, what good is a material you cant do bridges with? It doesnt take an expert to realize that wont get you very far in Crown and BRIDGE.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I think we all know that Bob, I was referring to sales reps at zahn. I think everyone here regards you as a digital expert, but again, what good is a material you cant do bridges with? It doesnt take an expert to realize that wont get you very far in Crown and BRIDGE.
Thank you. Respectfully, about 80% of the fixed cases going into dental labs are single units. That said, this material can provide a really nice result for so many labs dentists and patients. Another very successful product was really a single unit only material. At one time e.max was likely the most prescribed single unit material in the dental lab.

- Likely the least labor intense manufacturing process of any crown.
- Outperforms the esthetics and fit of chairside e.max coming off a Cerec mill. This is really good for dental technology.
- With the rush to the bottom and so many labs selling sub $99 crowns it great we have a material that so many can provide and still make some money doing so.
- Total labor for one of these is about 30-45 minutes. Material $20 or less.
- Considering 30-45 minutes, including models, one would be hard-pressed to make a better crown at this cost.

We did a survey about 3 months ago on zirconia. About 80% of labs are using 2 or 3 different zirconia materials. We don't need just one for all indication. More than 80% agree.

J

Jack

Reaction score
Thank you. Respectfully, about 80% of the fixed cases going into dental labs are single units. That said, this material can provide a really nice result for so many labs dentists and patients. Another very successful product was really a single unit only material. At one time e.max was likely the most prescribed single unit material in the dental lab.

- Likely the least labor intense manufacturing process of any crown.
- Outperforms the esthetics and fit of chairside e.max coming off a Cerec mill. This is really good for dental technology.
- With the rush to the bottom and so many labs selling sub $99 crowns it great we have a material that so many can provide and still make some money doing so.
- Total labor for one of these is about 30-45 minutes. Material $20 or less.
- Considering 30-45 minutes, including models, one would be hard-pressed to make a better crown at this cost.

We did a survey about 3 months ago on zirconia. About 80% of labs are using 2 or 3 different zirconia materials. We don't need just one for all indication. More than 80% agree.

Hi Bob
Is it possible to get a 95mm block in the fx zirconia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Bob
Is it possible to get a 95mm block in the fx zirconia?

Sorry, no 95mm blocks. What mill do you have?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I have the Zirkonzahn M5, M1 and an MCXL mill

Too bad, all closed systems....
ZZ makes pretty nice stuff but you can't rely on just one company to lead the industry as there are so many investing in R&D to bring us the next best products. Zolid FX multi is from AG today, tomorrow, who knows who it might be. Moving forward you should go OPEN only. zThe choice should be yours as it's your business and you have regrettably, locked yourself out.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Jack there are at least 5-6 companies off the top of my head that have 95mm offerings. Youre not locked in, you just havent looked hard enough. Any company that doesnt cut a disk in your shape isnt interested in your business anyways. It wasnt a year or two ago that everyone was saying how big and bad AG was for their 'closed' D shape mill, but now they open it :rolleyes: Ive had my mill for almost over 3 years and I havent had to buy amann zirconia unless I wanted to, and I wasnt missing anything.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Jack there are at least 5-6 companies off the top of my head that have 95mm offerings. Youre not locked in, you just havent looked hard enough. Any company that doesnt cut a disk in your shape isnt interested in your business anyways. It wasnt a year or two ago that everyone was saying how big and bad AG was for their 'closed' D shape mill, but now they open it :rolleyes: Ive had my mill for almost over 3 years and I havent had to buy amann zirconia unless I wanted to, and I wasnt missing anything.

I would suggest that Jack wants to try the AG Zolid FX multi disc and can't. There may be 4 or 5 companies that may make 95s but are not producing what Jack wants. Respectfully, Jack is using a closed system as he can only mill 4-5 manufacturers disc when there are 100 or more brands. The reason there are so few 95mm manufacturers is little to no demand. It has nothing to do with companies not wanting to provide what Jack wants to use.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So one brand out of 100 makes zirconia that doesnt fit every mill, and you cant do bridges with.. moving on.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
So one brand out of 100 makes zirconia that doesnt fit every mill, and you cant do bridges with.. moving on.
Sorry, you do not have the numbers incorrect. It's more likely that 99 out of 100 disc manufacturers don't make discs that fit every mill.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Shouldn't the quest be to push ZZ into making a holder for their machine that accepts almost all zirconia producers puck? Seems the industry is moving to a self determine common standard of 98mm pucks. If this occurs it's a win for the user since you don't have to wait until a producer decides to exploit your tiny corner of the market for you to get the latest and greatest.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Shouldn't the quest be to push ZZ into making a holder for their machine that accepts almost all zirconia producers puck? Seems the industry is moving to a self determine common standard of 98mm pucks. If this occurs it's a win for the user since you don't have to wait until a producer decides to exploit your tiny corner of the market for you to get the latest and greatest.
ZZ has made the disc 95mm disc holder to lock users into ZZ products ONLY. We went through this stuff more than a decade ago with Lava. Everyone got up in arms with CLOSED architecture of any kind. Amann Girrbach at one time was closed as they were making the 71mm "D" disc. They figured it out and now offer a 98MM holder and 98mm discs. ZZ wants to continue to lock their customer in. You have no way of managing costs, your material selection, tooling, support when you buy closed systems like ZZ. I believe they even have a locked ZZ version of Exocad.

Top Bottom