Ceramill Zolid fx Multilayer

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
got my kit in...finally...

should get some Zolid ML milled tomorrow or next week! BOOYAH!

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
got my kit in...finally...

should get some Zolid ML milled tomorrow or next week! BOOYAH!

Great! You will love it. We are seeing our customers slowly transition they're doctors from E.max to the ML. Big win for them when they switch

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score

Hey Bob, Is the FX on your website?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I called in and found it. I just peed a little I'm so excited!!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I had meant to share the AG 2 hour test results today but didn't get to it. The molecular structure appeared to be nealy identical. Flexural strength drop is clinically insignificant and the Trans drops less than 1%. Next week we will do two centrals, sinter one with normal 8 hour cycle and a second in two hours and do a photo shoot. I'll post the results.
You owe to your business to give this material a try. We have starter kits at a great price. My lab, ADT is now switching over to it.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I had meant to share the AG 2 hour test results today but didn't get to it. The molecular structure appeared to be nealy identical. Flexural strength drop is clinically insignificant and the Trans drops less than 1%. Next week we will do two centrals, sinter one with normal 8 hour cycle and a second in two hours and do a photo shoot. I'll post the results.
You owe to your business to give this material a try. We have starter kits at a great price. My lab, ADT is now switching over to it.

Are you guys still sintering this on the faster cycle? I just ordered some and would love to know the firing parameters. Thanks.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Are you guys still sintering this on the faster cycle? I just ordered some and would love to know the firing parameters. Thanks.
What kind of sintering furnace are you using? If it has MoSi2 heating elements it will probably be a longer cycle. The M2 heating elements can't cool too fast as they can break due to thermal shock.
I will post the cycle tomorrow.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
What kind of sintering furnace are you using? If it has MoSi2 heating elements it will probably be a longer cycle. The M2 heating elements can't cool too fast as they can break due to thermal shock.
I will post the cycle tomorrow.

I have a Mihm Vogt HT Speed.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Here you go. This program was developed for a Dekema 664. I'm not sure how it will work in a Mihm Vogt.
Room temp to 900 at 60C per/min
900 to 1350 at 12C per/min
1350-1450 15 C per/ min
Hold for 65 minutes.
Rapid cool.
Keep in mind the limit of units is 12 for the smaller 664 and 15 units in the larger 674 furnaces. I would think the Mihm Voght is more like the 674.
This is for single units only, NO bridges.
Let us know how it goes.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I will post my results later.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have run 2 of these fast sinter programs and the FX turned out nice in my Mihm Vogt. Thanks again for sharing.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
What I use on my Mighm Voght ,

Fast,

fast10.jpg

long,

long10.jpg

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
we just recently switched to the ZOLID FX multilayer Zr and we love it. shades come out really nice as long as you place the unit in the puck properly. We usually use a 16mm or 18mm puck height cause then you can move your unit up or down to get really close if not dead on to the shade you are trying to achieve. Our ceramists love it cause they usually have to just add a few characteristics if even needed. and glaze and out the door. really nice stuff. And it also nice they have a quick fire for this material too so u can do multiple sinters cycles in one day.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Literally banged this out for a test case. This material has great potential and when the C and D shade disk comes out look out!. It was super close to the tab for the first try I was pretty happy.
C & D shades are now available.

user name

user name

Reaction score
How does it look compared to Katana STML?

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
C & D shades are now available.

just to clarify are the C & D shades finally available in the USA. just wondering because we are in NY and were waiting to hear back when the C&D shades were available but havent heard anything yet, but if they are available now in the states that would be great news

user name

user name

Reaction score
Here is how it looks. I think it's a little more translucent than the STML. View attachment 26445
How do the shades compare between the two? I king of sense that you push the Zolid FX, but when I talk to zahn they say don't waste your time...use Katana. I know everyone has their personal preferences and that may be skewed when business enters the picture; Im just wanting an esthetics opinion.

Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
How do the shades compare between the two? I king of sense that you push the Zolid FX, but when I talk to zahn they say don't waste your time...use Katana. I know everyone has their personal preferences and that may be skewed when business enters the picture; Im just wanting an esthetics opinion.

Thanks
Honestly, I think these two materials are the most esthetic available. Out of curiosity, who at Zahn said: "Don't waste your time"?

Top Bottom