Ceramill Motion 2

Q

qbawy

Reaction score
Hi All. Do you have any problems with Ceramil Motion 2 milling machine ? We bought the machine 1,5 year ago and already two serious problems - Sensor after 8 month and now Spindle Error ! The machine is not heavily used :-(

M

mfonro

Reaction score
Yes, I have the Ceramill dna for two and 1/2 years and the machine has been repaired 2 times during the year of warranty, later I have to pay 2000 after fighting because they charge 3000 for the transportation of the technician. Now it has the same problem that they repair 1 year and 2 months ago and they said that I have to pay 3200 because the part was changed after 1 year. Also I bought the extended warranty for four years but it does not cover transportation fee of 3200

NormC

NormC

Reaction score
Hi All. Do you have any problems with Ceramil Motion 2 milling machine ? We bought the machine 1,5 year ago and already two serious problems - Sensor after 8 month and now Spindle Error ! The machine is not heavily used :-(
Hi. Yes, my Ceramil Motion 2 has had serious problems, it's very lightly used, about 3 years old.
1. a plastic tube inside sprung a water leak and the moisture sensor shut off the mill if I wanted to use the wet portion. Those greedy bums at AG wanted $2700 to come out and fix it! I ended up cannibalizing a section of tubing from a dental chair and just fixed it myself, even though they "warned me against it" for some reason.
2. the "71 arm" is worse than garbage. We've spent countless days and weeks with stripped screws, stripped female inserts, so inconvenient to simply change pucks in a busy lab. I think it must be slightly warped or something. We finally went to the 98, no thanks to AG, and are very happy.
3. I get spurious errors that shut off the machine once in a while, stuff like "could not pick up the tool"..and the only way to unfreeze the mill is restart it.
I wouldn't buy another AG mill, due to their rip-off service fees. I mean, $2700 to replace a 1 dollar section of plastic tubing that took all of 5 minutes?

M

mfonro

Reaction score
I have a Ceramill Mind motion 2 DNA. I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. I only use it for a dental office. It has less than 600 hundred hours. The first year it was fixed twice with the warranty. 2 months after the warranty one more time, 6 months later they wanted to charge me 3200. After complaining I ended up paying 2500. Six months later they fixed again. Now 6 months later is not working again. This time the bill will be 3200 and they are basically fixing what they fixed 1year and 2 months ago. In the letter they said that that part was fixed 1 year ago and I have to pay in full. Also one of the worst part of the service is that I have 4 years extended warranty that I paid. They said that the 3200 is the transportation of the technician, the parts are covered that usually cost 300. They have that amount of 3000 as a flat rate. Honestly, at this moment I regretted to invest in such an expensive machine and get that dishonest service of the company and a very poor quality machine.

F

funkyfester

Reaction score
Yes I have had the motion 2 for about 7 years in under 4000hrs of use I have had to replace the spindle twice at a cost off £9000 and had a motion sensor replaced and a speed controllor replaced also. The next machine im getting is the Arum 5x200 something a bit heavier, would never bur another mill from Ag.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
o_O Man thats sad to hear.. The motion1 was a workhorse, I used mine for over 5 years with no issues, but from what I understand, it was built differently than the new ones. IMO this is what happens when a company has success and grows too fast, the supply cannot meet the demand. I felt the same in Chicago last year sitting in their ballroom waiting for my rep who never came back.. too many prospective buyer$ I guess..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I will also add that Garland dental works on these mills if you want to go another 'maybe' cheaper route..

N

Nuggetcarver39

Reaction score
Garland has excellent service. I have 3 of these mills all with quite a few hours. (over 3000 or 4000 each). They do incredibly precise milling when properly calibrated and maintained. Knock on wood, never had to replace a spindle. Did have to replace a spindle controller. Dan at Garland walked me through it. Pretty simple. I try to stay away from wet milling. Overall a nice system for most cases. I'd like to see more flexibility with the software start to finish. If you have one of these mills, make sure you replace the piece of vacuum tubing that goes from the milling chamber to the rear of the unit as they will perforate over time. You won't know until it's punctured and filled the back with abrasive zirconia dust. Would love to be able to run these using SUM3d or Hyperdent, and see what I can do.