Ceramill Motion 2 PMMA/PEEK milling problem

T

Tammam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We are having a difficult time milling PMMA/PEEK lately. The problem is that the 0.1mm tool breaks in the process of every construction, especially when there are holes for screw retained crowns. We make sure that the degrees of the holes and the construction itself are acceptable and within the limits, we put unused tools every time and we still need 3-4 0.1mm new tools just to finish a full arch with gingiva and about 4 implant holes. We have tried original Amann Girrbach tools and other alternative ones and they all break within a few minutes into the process of using the tool. We have tried a variety of disks and we have even registered PMMA disks as PEEK in order to compensate the hardness of the material. Nothing has worked so far. This is an issue that even our technical support has trouble solving. We use the machine for Zirconia and sometimes Wax, rarely for metal and we haven't had any similar problems.

Has anyone experienced such problems?
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Use either the SC Yellow stripe or the PMMA burs from AG. The normal burs don't cut efficiently enough in the plastic. You can get both at either Benco, Opulent digital, or the AG storefront.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
I experienced a similar issue and it stopped after I renewed the coolant solution.
It was definitely older than recommended when it happened to us.

R

RickSol

Reaction score
I think there might be a lack of curing of the PMMA, because it has never happened to me with AG PMMA, just with off brand or rebranded PMMA, and sometimes with the Chinese PMMA I get this monomer smell, and not really with the one from AG
Could be wrong though, just my 2 cents

Top Bottom