Ceramill Motion 2 Mill\CAP Problems

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Ratings
Hi Gang,
I have this ceramill motion 2 machine that worked great before, dont use it a lot only for rush cases or when my rolands are overloaded.
a week ago the encoder or the Y Axis seems to be off and some part needs replacement. we got quoted $3000 for repair from CAP, the quote lists the part as a $200 part, the rest is CAP's own extras (travel, puck for test, etc)
I tried to ask them to send me just the part and they refused. and i refuse to pay that much to repair a machine that i dont use. would anyone be able to tell me where to get the part from?
Im gonna try to fix it myself or just sell this thing because i hate going back and forth with a company that's not willing to actually help their customers.

Attachments

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Ratings
133 3
I think I remember getting a similar error a while ago. Something about the Y Axis home being off or something like that.

I don't remember if this one I got it fixed with a simple turn off and on

or

I had level 2 support contact me and do some sort of reset of the machine. I think it might have been this one. Have you had CAP submit a ticket with AG North America in North Carolina? That could help.

Affinity

Affinity

Ratings
2,320 39
Good luck trying to do that yourself, with no manual and no help. Do you know how to work on these machines?
$213 for the motor seems very reasonable. If they refuse to sell you a part then contact garland dental, they are authorized ceramill repair facility. Travel wont be any cheaper for them to fix it though unless your in texas.

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Ratings
I think I remember getting a similar error a while ago. Something about the Y Axis home being off or something like that.

I don't remember if this one I got it fixed with a simple turn off and on

or

I had level 2 support contact me and do some sort of reset of the machine. I think it might have been this one. Have you had CAP submit a ticket with AG North America in North Carolina? That could help.
that is the error, level 2 support couldn't do anything remotely.

Good luck trying to do that yourself, with no manual and no help. Do you know how to work on these machines?
$213 for the motor seems very reasonable. If they refuse to sell you a part then contact garland dental, they are authorized ceramill repair facility. Travel wont be any cheaper for them to fix it though unless your in texas.
ill need the luck, I've worked on VHF's, Rolands, and HAAS machines. hoping it's not much different. and thanks for the referral ill try to call them it might be cheaper since im in AZ.

Can't you just ship the mill instead ?
For some reason i did not think of that, i was too furious to think clearly and they didn't offer that option.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Ratings
133 3
That's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure I had this error once and it was fixed pretty easily. I guess I got really lucky with it.

Is CAP the only people that can fix it? No one closer to you? It does seem that the price is mostly due to shipping.

M

MolarMania

Ratings
Try Benco for the larger Co.. I heard some “better things” about them. I worked with Garland once before for a simple equipment purchase and the service was excellent. For an independent small business, I like them.
Do not use services based out of Los Angeles area... waste of time and money. You will wait for AG corporate to fix it anyway.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!