Ceramic press on stock abutment

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Hi guys need advice
I have case single central implant with stock abutment, i think the thickness on labial is 1,5mm
I wanna use emax press
What ingot to use ? MO? HO ?
And how is the tips and trick for balancing opaque ingot + combination of opaque dentin to get the right value of restoration with adjacent teeth ?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
If you have an anodizer, i would gold hue the ti abutment. If not, opaquing will help. We would use an LT ingot on a case like this. 1.0mm of thickness should be adequate to mask the abutment if you can gold hue it or it is opaqued.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Reaction score
Hi guys need advice
I have case single central implant with stock abutment, i think the thickness on labial is 1,5mm
I wanna use emax press
What ingot to use ? MO? HO ?
And how is the tips and trick for balancing opaque ingot + combination of opaque dentin to get the right value of restoration with adjacent teeth ?
1.5 mm is usually enough to mask a dark prep. However, a Ti abutment is different and usually casts a low value aspect to the restoration. But, if you use 'Multilink Hybrid Abutment HOO' cement form Ivoclar, which is very opaque, your ingot choice doesn't really matter. There are other similar cements, too.
So, if using an opaque cement, you should be fine with a LT ingot, or Multi, which is usually my ingot of choice,

Top Bottom