Ceramic Crown Price

M

Myth14

Reaction score
Greetings every one,
I would like to know how much does it cost Approx (Raw material) to create 1 unit of full ceramic restoration (Zirc or Emax)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings every one,
I would like to know how much does it cost Approx (Raw material) to create 1 unit of full ceramic restoration (Zirc or Emax)
Are you the patient?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
One hundred rubles, under the table!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Greetings every one,
May I ask you why you want to know? Do you think you are overcharged, because the material cost doesn't reflect the price you are charged? As you may already suspect, the material is not necessary the main cost point in a restoration. it is the added value that makes the difference. Unless the main ingredient is gold... Also, material cost vary form provider to provider.On some Zr or LD the difference can be as high as 100%

M

Myth14

Reaction score
Sorry for not making my self clear, i am doing a business plan and i want to know how much the raw material cost for ceramic restorations so i factor it in.
May I ask you why you want to know? Do you think you are overcharged, because the material cost doesn't reflect the price you are charged? As you may already suspect, the material is not necessary the main cost point in a restoration. it is the added value that makes the difference. Unless the main ingredient is gold... Also, material cost vary form provider to provider.On some Zr or LD the difference can be as high as 100%
Sorry for not making my self clear, i am doing a business plan and i want to know how much the raw material cost for ceramic restorations so i factor it in. for example how many crowns can you do out of a 3g ingot?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry for not making my self clear, i am doing a business plan and i want to know how much the raw material cost for ceramic restorations so i factor it in.

Sorry for not making my self clear, i am doing a business plan and i want to know how much the raw material cost for ceramic restorations so i factor it in. for example how many crowns can you do out of a 3g ingot?
I see. As Zero points out, it depends on your wax weight. Sometimes you can fit multiple units in one ring and sometimes you only fit one or two. Then it depends on the shade etc etc. But, and I can only repeat myself, Ingot cost is by far not the only cost you will have dong e.max and, I think, it is short sighted to base a business plan on ingot and/or Zr disc cost.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Greetings every one,
My instinct tells me you aren't ready to open a lab and know little about the lab business. Why are you asking techs on this forum what materials cost ? Do you not know how many crowns can be pressed from 1 ingot ? Do you know puck costs ? Do you know average units out of one puck ?
Not trying to give you a hard time but this question is very odd for a trained tech, if you are one ? Yes you do need a business plan, know the competition in your area, and who your selling your services to.
Best of luck going forward...............

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Greetings every one,
Call Ivoclar. They’ll tell you how much an ingot costs without the discounts the larger labs get (making it easier for them to sell it cheaper, if low price is your goal). They’ll tell you how much a top tier press will cost also (and they make the best). They’ll sell you everything you need: mills, scanners, ovens, etc. If you’re serious, assemble a comprehensive list including all the little stuff. Good luck, because the cost of an ingot or puck is only a tiny part of the picture.

M

Myth14

Reaction score
everyone, thank you so much for your feedback and help. Really appreciated. and to reply to some of the comments here:

I know that the ingot cost and raw material is not a big part of the cost, but I have the info about everything else and i was wondering about this particular point because i have included every tiny details in my business plan. and yeah i have never done fixed work, i work in ortho lab only and we are expanding.

Top Bottom