ceramco 3 firing chart on vita vacumat 6000 mp

Y

yaser

Reaction score
the recommended temperature of ceramco 3 firing is 960° but when I put it on 910° in my Vita Vacumat mp 6000 .. the result is too shiny ... any recommendations ?
or suspected causes?
because the difference of the temperature between the recommendation temperature and what i use is around 50° does that make sense?
because i think the ceramco chart is based on ceramco multimat furnaces .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
the recommended temperature of ceramco 3 firing is 960° but when I put it on 910° in my Vita Vacumat mp 6000 .. the result is too shiny ... any recommendations ?
or suspected causes?
because the difference of the temperature between the recommendation temperature and what i use is around 50° does that make sense?
because i think the ceramco chart is based on ceramco multimat furnaces .
Sure it does...I've seen ovens over 200 degrees off before. I still say using some clear porcelain and creating a pellet and firing that till it comes out clear is the best way to calibrate your temp in your oven. I have to run most of my ovens 50-75 degrees hotter than suggested firing parameters to achieve the desired goals.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sure it does...I've seen ovens over 200 degrees off before. I still say using some clear porcelain and creating a pellet and firing that till it comes out clear is the best way to calibrate your temp in your oven. I have to run most of my ovens 50-75 degrees hotter than suggested firing parameters to achieve the desired goals.
That's because you only have 3 weeks of summer there.

Top Bottom