Cement Advice Please

user name

user name

Reaction score
What works? I had a thread on this some years ago; same Dr is having issues keeping crowns in the mouth. Yes, his preps often have too much taper.
Hes used ceramir but doesnt think it works well. Patrick Coon has recommended SpeedCEM Plus.

What works?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
- I'm suggesting "Panavia SA" right now for any and all crowns (full cast gold, lithium disilicate, PFM's, zirconium). Why?...because it releases fluoride over time which in theory is suppose to be great for the margin area/integrity, it's a syringe type application, the cleanup is super simple, and the price isn't too shabby either.
-For Veneers or bonding lithium disilicate I still suggest VarioLink or Apex, either one.
-As for cementing crowns on abutments in the lab...I suggest G-Cem LinkAce.

That's where I'm at right now, feel free to change my mind.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

G-Cem was used here (not sure if LinkAce) and every single one of them had to be recemented. So much so that they used the rest as temp cement until it was gone.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
G-Cem was used here (not sure if LinkAce) and every single one of them had to be recemented. So much so that they used the rest as temp cement until it was gone.
I've been using it for about 3 years (the LinkAce) and never had an issue...that stuff is so friggin hard to get a crown off (don't ask me how I know...lol).

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
- I'm suggesting "Panavia SA" right now for any and all crowns (full cast gold, lithium disilicate, PFM's, zirconium). Why?...because it releases fluoride over time which in theory is suppose to be great for the margin area/integrity, it's a syringe type application, the cleanup is super simple, and the price isn't too shabby either.
-For Veneers or bonding lithium disilicate I still suggest VarioLink or Apex, either one.

i agree with all of this. big fan of variolink for bonding. otherwise the panavia sa is a good choice that doesnt break the bank. of course there are the staples on the market too....unicem, relyx, etc