CDT Test

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Specialty?
You have to test for everything to get your rdt.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Specialty?
You have to test for everything to get your rdt.
Comprehensive written, specialty written, practical in one of the fields. Complete, partials, crown and bridge, porcelain, ortho, implants.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Comprehensive written, specialty written, practical in one of the fields. Complete, partials, crown and bridge, porcelain, ortho, implants.

One day written and oral test. 4 day practical . Balanced cud and cld. ortho space maintainer and retainer with 2 soldered adams clasps and arch wire, partial wax up on refractory. Single Anterior pfm and 3 unit full gold bridge with semi precision attachment mounted on a Hanau .
Bring your own equipment and materials.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Interesting, nice do you have to cast there? CDT in dentures is a complete upper/lower balanced, maxillary occlusion rim, custom tray, and a repair simple or compound and replace 8/9 or both. 5 hours.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We didn't have to cast the frame but you reminded me that we had to make bb's.
I remember having to work around the other panicked techs.

What a circus.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
One day written and oral test. 4 day practical . Balanced cud and cld. ortho space maintainer and retainer with 2 soldered adams clasps and arch wire, partial wax up on refractory. Single Anterior pfm and 3 unit full gold bridge with semi precision attachment mounted on a Hanau .
Bring your own equipment and materials.

Quite the accomplishment, rkm, no wonder you included that (rdt) in your forum name.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Quite the accomplishment, rkm, no wonder you included that (rdt) in your forum name.

My mother died a month before I was to take the exam so needless to say I failed .
Rewrote the next year and passed.

Back then, it became a curse to have your license as an employee because you became a potential competitor to the boss.
I bounced around for a few years until I started my own lab .( you can't own a lab without your rdt.)

mshiss

mshiss

Reaction score
This was my third attempt I missed my second by 0.72% in one of the three categories. I have been doing dentures since jan 2015. I believe I have an aptitude for them. I am slow, but produce quality work. The test is about speed, and proficiency, and ideal scenarios. I am slow on setups, because I do it over two days, bulk wax and festoon then wait until next day and finish. It is amazing what you want to change after a few hours of not looking at it. I set up like ivoclar taught me, and they are looking for a dentsply set up. PM me if you want more info, I am well versed in what they are expecting.

Congrats! I always thought you had to have five years under your belt before you could test....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Congrats! I always thought you had to have five years under your belt before you could test....
I went to a 2 year school have my AAS in dental technology, and am a RG. I could test the day after I graduated. If I could of passed.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Side note I will be doing dentures for two years in January.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Congrats, hopefully you may get an auto insurance discount!,Questionmark Deal

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Its fine, I am happy to work with/for them. I am very free to do what I think is best, materials, technique, funding. I work well with family. It is loads better than my last job I was getting constantly degraded, and worst of all was paycuts and not able to pay bills, stay fed, or put away for the future. Now I can do that with my wife at home with a baby and a bun.
Congratulations! Happy for you.
Bun means another on the way?
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Glad you have stability in your job and bring appreciated - stability in income and job security
during this time of family growth is often underappreciated - enjoy them while you can!
LCM

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Congrats! I just took my denture test last month. Fingers crossed. Passed ceramics 23 years ago, passed implants earlier this year, C&B next weekend. Partials in the new year. All that being said, it's just a feather in your hat. For me, nearing 35 years as a technician, getting the Master CDT is a bucket list item. The way technology is changing things, I'm not sure what having the CDT is going to be relevant for in the not too distant future

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Way to go James!!! I am definitely proud of you!!!!!
Hopefully Dad and Bro just give you a huge raise!!!