CDT Test

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Thanks for all the congratulations. As I do not own my lab just operate one for my dad and brother, I cannot raise my fees by 30%. I also have no desire to certify in any other field... maybe implants.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Congrats, good job, how it was? easy to pass?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congratulations. As I do not own my lab just operate one for my dad and brother, I cannot raise my fees by 30%. I also have no desire to certify in any other field... maybe implants.
It's time to ask Dad and brother for a raise!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Congrats, good job, how it was? easy to pass?
This was my third attempt I missed my second by 0.72% in one of the three categories. I have been doing dentures since jan 2015. I believe I have an aptitude for them. I am slow, but produce quality work. The test is about speed, and proficiency, and ideal scenarios. I am slow on setups, because I do it over two days, bulk wax and festoon then wait until next day and finish. It is amazing what you want to change after a few hours of not looking at it. I set up like ivoclar taught me, and they are looking for a dentsply set up. PM me if you want more info, I am well versed in what they are expecting.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Sorry I hit disagree.
I think you deserve to be treated as a professional in what you do, and keep family and business
separate.
Even if they had paid for your expenses to take the exams and all that, that should be considered
a business investment in a quality employee/associate/contractor.
Just my 2 cents, let the others chime in.
LCM
I will undo rating after you read this . . .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
This was my third attempt I missed my second by 0.72% in one of the three categories. I have been doing dentures since jan 2015. I believe I have an aptitude for them. I am slow, but produce quality work. The test is about speed, and proficiency, and ideal scenarios. I am slow on setups, because I do it over two days, bulk wax and festoon then wait until next day and finish. It is amazing what you want to change after a few hours of not looking at it. I set up like ivoclar taught me, and they are looking for a dentsply set up. PM me if you want more info, I am well versed in what they are expecting.

Not so much a Dentsply setup per se.... More of a setup based on the Air Force Manual.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Two thoughts- go for implants! Second, go for 30 percent(you're worth it),what are they going to do? Fire you? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Your Dad and brother can now use your CDT as a marketing tool, so you should ask for a raise!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Sorry I hit disagree.
I think you deserve to be treated as a professional in what you do, and keep family and business
separate.
Even if they had paid for your expenses to take the exams and all that, that should be considered
a business investment in a quality employee/associate/contractor.
Just my 2 cents, let the others chime in.
LCM
I will undo rating after you read this . . .
Its fine, I am happy to work with/for them. I am very free to do what I think is best, materials, technique, funding. I work well with family. It is loads better than my last job I was getting constantly degraded, and worst of all was paycuts and not able to pay bills, stay fed, or put away for the future. Now I can do that with my wife at home with a baby and a bun.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Two thoughts- go for implants! Second, go for 30 percent(you're worth it),what are they going to do? Fire you? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't control money or bills, otherwise maybe. Also that would make thanksgiving awkward.

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
Which specialty did you get certified in?
Congratulations.