CDT(Ceramics) Study Material???

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
I have owned my own fixed lab for 10 years now. I am now deciding to go and get my CDT in Ceramics and was wondering if you all could tell me of any good study material other than the air force manuals and the other few study guides provided by the NBC? Any books that would be helpful?

thanks guys,

jack

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
agreed, then look at Als work and try to get it to look like that..

M

martintay

Reaction score
I have owned my own fixed lab for 10 years now. I am now deciding to go and get my CDT in Ceramics and was wondering if you all could tell me of any good study material other than the air force manuals and the other few study guides provided by the NBC? Any books that would be helpful?

thanks guys,

jack

Being in the UK i`m not familiar with CDT , what type of research do you need to do ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you basically have to understand the chemical composition of porcelain, alloys, etc. and know all the steps to fabricate a PFM. Know all of your anatomy. You can purchase the study materials on the website, its not a bad idea if youre going to spend $800 to take a test.. if you fail because you didnt know the melting point of silver, and other such questions you will wish you bought it.. Its 1761' and I remember that from my cdt test 10 years ago.. and I have never needed to melt pure silver.. haha

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
PM me and I can give you copies of the AFM..

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I already have copies of the AFM, and I will begin reading them this weekend. thanks for all your help. I'll re post to this if I pass haha. thanks again guys!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The hardest part , for me, is the multiple choice.
Having 4 choices, really plays a mind game, and makes you second guess yourself if youre unsure of the answer.. but if you dont know it , process of elimination works well. Its not a hard test, but easy to fail.. I know many who have...
Im a terrible test-taker, but still managed to pass it..

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Do you know if the current AFM are newer than the 1991 version that I have?? Also it was stated that the AFM was all I needed to study for the CDT(ceramics). Is the "Fixed and Special Prosthodontic and Orthodontic Appliances" the only book in the AFM that I will need to go over?? Basically what is the newest year of the AFM? thanks again for any help!!

jack

Heather Voss CDT

Heather Voss CDT

Reaction score
There is a 2005 version available. You can purchase from NBC.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Ya I was able to download for free the latest manuals online. I have them on my iPhone and iPad already and I even took the files to copy max and had them print two books for me.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Will you explain how you got them? What should I do to get the download?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
there are links on this forum if you search

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
On the NBC website, for a fee, you can get access to old test questions. I used that before my exam and found that at least 20% of the questions on my exam, were exactly the same as the questions in the sample quizzes. I took the sample quizzes until I was consistantly scoring 95%(I think each quiz had 20 questions). For me, these sample quizzes made the actual exam, very easy. I also went over some of the other books that were reccomended reading and I went to a 2 day lecture that covered all the material in the exams. I never used the actual AFM to study, but I know that most of the material from the lectures were from the AFM.

A

Azzam

Reaction score
hi
i will take my ctd ce can you help me with some question ?

Last edited by a moderator: