casting REX CC

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
Who knows the trick to casting the Rex CC. I crank up the arm full blast. I heat the metal until it pools, that's right pools and we still can't cast feather margins even after increasing wall thickness or beefing up copings. What do you suggest? Mill?

Thanks,
Dave

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try a different alloy ?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
what is your heat soak time and what temp is your furnace?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Try WC Bond (Pentron). It's designed to cast w/ torch & broken arm and works well. Call Denise at Zahn and have her guide you through the process. She's a genius. All my NP casts correctly after she helped me.

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
Buren out is 1700, heat soak is at least 1 hr. Does WC Bond have nickel or barillium?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Buren out is 1700, heat soak is at least 1 hr. Does WC Bond have nickel or barillium?
No. We won't use anything with those.
Make sure you're using a decent multi-oriface tip (Like a 1390-H),and correct O2/gas pressures. Talladium has a good pdf on casting- I've been casting 20 yrs and still glance at it sometimes to make sure I don't neglect anything.

Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score
We cast it successfully all the time. I hold the torch about 10" from the crucible and let the ingots get glowing red then I move the torch close and wait till the ingots slump and then let it rip. It's easy to burn because it doesn't look like normal NP when you cats it so when it's ready you have very little time to cast.