Casting non precious on ucla abudment with precious base?

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Galvanic reactions...
Hi Lab guy
I read some where that the Nickel in the base alloy that makes the galvanic reaction not Co Cr and those UCLA 's are Co Cr ....But the problem is we don't have those in Canada yet.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
when i heard from other people that there are metals you can cast on precious base , i started asking to see if they are wright. I didnt got enough answers yesterday and i wanted to see more peoples opinion i didnt know that that was a problem in any way rob
The Biggest problem is Temperature, your gold interface will melt ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
what about the obvious just get a procera cocr abutment crown thingy all in 1 piece direct to fixture no ucla much less expensive no casting they build up really well and original components so you are covered by their warranty as well.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi Lab guy
I read some where that the Nickel in the base alloy that makes the galvanic reaction not Co Cr and those UCLA 's are Co Cr ....But the problem is we don't have those in Canada yet.
Hi Hary,
I'm not a metallurgist but I'm assuming that it isn't just nickel but other metals that is causing the galvanic reactions...plus in the oral environment, you have so many other things to add into the equation. For a few dollars, why even take the chance is my overall point.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Pts. getting implant treatment arent trying to save a buck IMO.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Pts. getting implant treatment arent trying to save a buck IMO.
No, the dental professionals that are executing the procedure are. But they will tell their patients they are receiving the best of the best.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yes of course.. Some pts still get a seperate bill. Depends on if the DDS has used car salesman in his blood.

S

Scott Thomas

Reaction score
A question again if you can help im using semi only because i cast nobel implants castable that has precious base. People told me that they use a non precious metal to cast and they dont have problems of merging the two metals. Do anybody know anything. I dont want to use semi precious any more and my doc likes nobel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have just cast Bego Wirabond 280 on to a Biohorizons UCLA abutment no problem at all. Burout 850 Deg.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Many say they can, but the results for each are different. I agree with John, you'll destroy the base as the melting temp of CrCo is way higher than the Au base=melted. My 2 cents.