Casting investment

Hinxy

Hinxy

Reaction score
Not even sure I'm in the right place to post my inquiry.
Anyway, I'm a lab tech dinosaur who has been working out of my home in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana with a single dentist and doing pfm work only. 48 years in the business. I just attempted to re-order Triumph casting investment from Nobilium and was informed that they have discontinued it with Nobelvest ( something like that). they have some in 90gram packets but no liquid. Hundreds of back orders. Am waiting for a callback to see if I can use the Triumph liquid with the new stuff.
I likely will have to find a new investment brand. I do 99% PFMs to Superior Alloy from Jensen. 62.5%Pd 24%Ag.
I need some recommendations.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use Whip Mix Fastfire 15 and it works fine.
I cast a lot of d.Sign 59 which is 59% Pd and 28% Ag.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Talladium Galaxy II has been a great universal investment for us. Castings and pressings.

Hinxy

Hinxy

Reaction score
Talladium Galaxy II has been a great universal investment for us. Castings and pressings.
Thank you RDA ! This is good....I'm hoping for as many recommendations as possible. Changing anything gets more annoying at my age,

Hinxy

Hinxy

Reaction score
Microstar
Thanks Folks!! I ordered some Microstar from Jensen,, should work since I use Jensen alloys..
If you're aware of any quirks or tips that you know of, I'd appreciate knowing them. Thanks Again !!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No real quirks that I know of. As of now, I'm at 10 of distilled water and 15 of the liquid, 25ml total. Be sure to just run a single first, to see where you're at expansion wise.

edit: that is using Argen's Argedent Euro (pfm) 40 Au, 39 Pd, 10 Ag along with my 3Shape die spacer settings.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm a lab tech dinosaur who has been working out of my home in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana with a single dentist and doing pfm work only. 48 years in the business. I just attempted to re-order Triumph casting investment from Nobilium and was informed that they have discontinued it with Nobelvest ( something like that). they have some in 90gram packets but no liquid. Hundreds of back orders. Am waiting for a callback to see if I can use the Triumph liquid with the new stuff.
I likely will have to find a new investment brand. I do 99% PFMs to Superior Alloy from Jensen. 62.5%Pd 24%Ag.
I used kilos of Superior.

We used Fujivest II and found it very reliable with superior, jc, jcb, endurance, classic, jpw and a few other one shots like Aztec (what idiot thought that was smart)

Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score
Henryachein vest is pretty good for most applications from press to cast . Very consistent and pretty fine grain as well .