Casting component Guru assistance needed

B

Brendon P Johnson

I'm a general dentist in NZ and need to have a 5 unit non precious implant supported bridge
(three implants 16 15 and 12 sites and none are parallel ) on paralleled custom abutments , the bridge is to be temp cemented onto the abutments and cross pin (screwed) from the palatal aspect . My technician is a brilliant master tech and has advised that the non precious is too hard to tap with his tap set - used conventionally on precious castings . My question is ; are there any pre manufactured non precious screw thread housings for cross pinning which can be cast onto , or burn out thread housings that could be cast ? Or are there other non precious components - screw and housing ( non precious cast on to ability ) that could be re purposed . The bridge is a very large framework and precious content cost has been rejected by the patient at this stage . Your thoughts would be appreciated .

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
why not make it out of zirconia if cost the the issue? less expensive, dont have to worry about a casting warping during investment/casting/divesting/etc and well.....its not used car bumpers going intraorally....

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Ratings
127 3
why not make it out of zirconia if cost the the issue? less expensive, dont have to worry about a casting warping during investment/casting/divesting/etc and well.....its not used car bumpers going intraorally....
I second the Zirconia suggestion. 5-units is inconsequential for a zirconia restoration, 5-unit pfm has wayy too many variables for my liking.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Ratings
5,366 165
Is a transverse screwed restoration possible with zirconia? Because that’s what he said he wanted.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!