Casting component Guru assistance needed

B

Brendon P Johnson

Reaction score
I'm a general dentist in NZ and need to have a 5 unit non precious implant supported bridge
(three implants 16 15 and 12 sites and none are parallel ) on paralleled custom abutments , the bridge is to be temp cemented onto the abutments and cross pin (screwed) from the palatal aspect . My technician is a brilliant master tech and has advised that the non precious is too hard to tap with his tap set - used conventionally on precious castings . My question is ; are there any pre manufactured non precious screw thread housings for cross pinning which can be cast onto , or burn out thread housings that could be cast ? Or are there other non precious components - screw and housing ( non precious cast on to ability ) that could be re purposed . The bridge is a very large framework and precious content cost has been rejected by the patient at this stage . Your thoughts would be appreciated .

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
why not make it out of zirconia if cost the the issue? less expensive, dont have to worry about a casting warping during investment/casting/divesting/etc and well.....its not used car bumpers going intraorally....

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
why not make it out of zirconia if cost the the issue? less expensive, dont have to worry about a casting warping during investment/casting/divesting/etc and well.....its not used car bumpers going intraorally....

I second the Zirconia suggestion. 5-units is inconsequential for a zirconia restoration, 5-unit pfm has wayy too many variables for my liking.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Is a transverse screwed restoration possible with zirconia? Because that’s what he said he wanted.