Cast partial systems

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Hello fellow technicians. Being a bit of a control freak, I am considering fabricating cast partials, and wonder what your thoughts are as to a better system, or better materials to use. Better results? Least amount of finish work? (I understand I finish down what I wax!) In the U.S. Navy we used everything Ticonium, and it worked well, but there doesn't seem to be much of that system/products around, and I saw that they only sell to certified Ticonium labs, and I'm not. Nobillium is in the same family-(CMP). But what about Bego? Is there a better than others hydrocolloid, refractory/investment material? I've heard wax patterns give smoother results-less finning, than plastic patterns. Thank you for your thoughts.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
When we did cast partials a long time ago, Bego was the company that we dealt with, there products are top notch as far as I am concerned, with a company that’s family owned and been in business for a long time. That tells you something about Bego and it’s products.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
When I use work for this big dental lab, they used Vitalium... I don't know much about it b/c I was in C&B, but they made at least a hundred frames per day...so it must be good

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
When I use work for this big dental lab, they used Vitalium... I don't know much about it b/c I was in C&B, but they made at least a hundred frames per day...so it must be good
You're right about that, great alloy, although Bego and their systems are "The Top Notch" imo. Also Nobillium I think is now milling frame's in Ti. Would love to hear anyone's experience. Could come in handy.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Hi John
Bego is the way to go. We have been a Wironium lab for over thirty five years now. All their partial products are top notch. But dont think this is a very easy venture to get into. It takes a lot of time to get good at it and equipment. Good luck

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
NO Hydrocolloid?! Isn't using silicone expensive? Which silicone are you using? It might be worth me considering since I am a one man operation, and purchasing a new colloid machine is $5K. Can't find a used one. Once you're done with the case the silicone gets trashed right?

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Its been at least 25 years since I have done cast partials, which is why I am looking for some guidance. I most certainly will foul something up-and that's ok, I just want to limit those foul ups. I was good at cast partials and very much enjoyed the entire process, so I figure with that knowledge, I should at least be able to do work that is as good as what I get locally, and improve upon that, in time.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Zermack elite double fast 22 silicone. You can buy at Central Dental in Toronto. Yes the silicone is trashed after 1 use, but if you want perfection as I understand you do, it is the cost of doing business. That is why our castings are not cheap.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Thanks Mark. You understand me perfectly.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I keep the silicone molds for at least six months just in case.
older molds can be cut up and used as filler.
Is there a good method for cutting up the silicone, I find it incredible tedious.

Top Bottom