Carbon vs Asiga?

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I actually grew up in the Boston area and lived near the Formlabs offices before you guys got big! Been toying around with getting a 3B for smaller batches :)
Nice! I grew up in upstate NY and have lived in the Boston area for 18 years now. Its a cool town. Let me know if you need anything or have questions wainwright (at) formlabs.com

dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Asiga too, the only thing giving me pause is the KeyStone Splint material and the printable Lucitone. A Keystone rep told me that the Splint resin for Carbon comes out clear, but the resin for the Asiga comes out yellow and turns clear after a few days. Do you have any experience with that?
I have been using Asiga for 3 years. Always happy with any resin I use. I have bee printing KeySplint Soft on Asiga Max a for a year and I have never see yellow splint. It comes out of the print spectacular blueish and after wash and post cure it has a slight blue but still clear. Yes the KeySplint Soft for Carbon is true clear however my dentists never complain or even mentioned the color issue. All of them pretty happy with a fitting and durability result. Personally I'm pretty happy for result including the cost and the speed.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have been using Asiga for 3 years. Always happy with any resin I use. I have bee printing KeySplint Soft on Asiga Max a for a year and I have never see yellow splint. It comes out of the print spectacular blueish and after wash and post cure it has a slight blue but still clear. Yes the KeySplint Soft for Carbon is true clear however my dentists never complain or even mentioned the color issue. All of them pretty happy with a fitting and durability result. Personally I'm pretty happy for result including the cost and the speed.
We have a Carbon, and on then splints it will turn yellowish oragne right out of the cure box under nitrogen. But within 24 hours it fades away and is clear. I have noticed about 14hours later it is clear but eh amount on the splint out of the cure box is very little. But i also did one in the nextdent cure box and no orange tint. Only on the Dreve box with nitrogen is there a yellowish orange tint.

dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I believe the Keysplint soft doesn't need curing with nitrogen. Please see the validated post cure units and confirm directly with manufacture if you need a nitrogen. Based on the validation of the other units without the nitrogen I could say it doesn't make sense to use the nitrogen just because the unit is capable to do so.
Fresh off the Carbon Academy website for all Dreve light cure units.

crue splint.jpg

dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
I would still contact Keyprint to verify the process. I'm surprise the material is validated with other less expensive curing units and doesn't require nitrogen. It is all about the light intensity and the heat.
I chose the one from the chart (link above) without nitrogen and specifically to avoid complexity with changing colors.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would still contact Keyprint to verify the process. I'm surprise the material is validated with other less expensive curing units and doesn't require nitrogen. It is all about the light intensity and the heat.
I chose the one from the chart (link above) without nitrogen and specifically to avoid complexity with changing colors.
Right. Reminds me of Nextdent early days IFU said to mix resin x amount of time but nexdent said less. like which is guys? LOL But i did tests on both dreve and nextdent and in the end both came out the same, except immediate results non nitrogen cured splints had no tint to them, clear straight out of the cure box.

dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
I see the frustration. How are you doing now? Do you still using the Nitrogen?

H

Holly93

Reaction score
Asiga max all the way i have 2 they just work ,easy to set up one is 18 -20 months old it has not missed a beat .they both used all day with different materials they are very accurate.and open.
I know on the carbon The cassette windows never needs to be changed. The Asiga cassette windows will need to be replaced since the glass degrades in quality after each print..... how often does your lab need to do this?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
depends on there size 1l tray lasts about a litre of material you have models that weigh 15-20 grams a litre weight is about a kilo 40-50 models at least.

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
Look into the NextDent 5100 printer you won't be disappointed, we have 3 of them and the best part is you don't have to calibrate them.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What is the cost of nextdent trays? How long they last?