CAP sum3d

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I just found this thread. I'm having the exact same issue. When attempting to do the machine calculation it gives me an "internet not available. press ESC." When I press ESC it goes through the normal steps but won't actually send the job to the mill. It acts like it will start but then won't complete the calculation. Unfortunately I discovered all this after getting back from vacation and was trying to do some weekend work. Multiple cases due in the next few days and I can't finish them without a resolution. I bought my mill from CAP just a month or so before this original post. I've never encountered this issue before. Anybody have a solution other than waiting for Henry Schein tech support to be open in the morning?
same deal for me!

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Anyone get through to Zahn tech support yet?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Just got in touch with CIMSystems and heard the same thing. Still on hold with Zahn for 40+ minutes

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...]
we will now be installing this "key" or file for all customers previous and new moving forward so this won't happen again, to anyone.
[...]
For various values of 'all' , 'again', and 'anyone'

And people wonder why I won't use cloud services.

{edit: Sam, not twisting your tail. It's no longer your responsibility}

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Argens been up all weekend and all day today :p Time to get a mill or have some other milling companies on standby if I'm reading this right?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Argens been up all weekend and all day today :p Time to get a mill or have some other milling companies on standby if I'm reading this right?
They have mills. The CAM won't compute without a license check against the server that is non-functional.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
They have mills. The CAM won't compute without a license check against the server that is non-functional.
Ahhh...well that's a plsser!!! Weird, I have CAP too, but I must have an open license because ours has been running all day today.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Looks like zahn is setting people up with temporary license keys until Italy's servers are back up. If anyone is waiting still, just give them a call.

B

basler

Reaction score
yep I had the issue this morning ,screw the CAP crap and server checking strategies ...
Thank god I have Millibox too so i just milled what I need ......

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
today I find out that without internet connection
I will not be able to mill anything using sum3d from cap.
This year cap server was down for few hours we were not able to mill anything until they fix issue with their server.
Last weekend I had issue with my internet connection I was not able to use milling for a day.
Any one have back up idea for this kind of situation ?
Please help
Not true, it is the setting in your Sum3D, it can be fixed by them. I had the same issue and they reset it when I got my machine.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
For various values of 'all' , 'again', and 'anyone'

And people wonder why I won't use cloud services.

{edit: Sam, not twisting your tail. It's no longer your responsibility}

So much for that fix. Sorry, I can't help... I can't believe this June 1st will be 3 years since CAP was acquired by HS

Top Bottom