CAP sum3d

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
today I find out that without internet connection
I will not be able to mill anything using sum3d from cap.
This year cap server was down for few hours we were not able to mill anything until they fix issue with their server.
Last weekend I had issue with my internet connection I was not able to use milling for a day.
Any one have back up idea for this kind of situation ?
Please help

James,

There is a file that we can load onto your system which will allow you to run our strategies/Sum3D without internet connection, we are working on getting this put together right now. I'm going to call you personally to let you know right now.

Secondly we will now be installing this "key" or file for all customers previous and new moving forward so this won't happen again, to anyone.

I appreciate everyone's understanding, we will get this corrected.

- Sam

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
1st milling machine $200 a month or buy $1000 worth materiors from cap , 1 year was free add $500 for each additional milling machine I have.
Update sum 3D is free

I know it feels unfair to charge for support but I'd like to mention a few things. Roland and Sum3D support and updates are completely optional, if you don't want support and updates for your software/mill that's totally fine, it will continue to run like normal, period. Its optional and we are flexible. Like everyone on this forum we are running a business, we have over 25 people working in our support and service team, not even mentioning R&D. It costs money to run a world class team like ours, it's also based 100% in America providing good jobs and, I'd like to think, helping our economy. Good service takes good people, I hope you all understand, we are human and we all work very hard. I sit next to the majority of our support team, they are really caring people and I personally would defend what we do to anyone. I'd be happy to talk on the phone anytime if anyone has questions. 781 435 4713

It's not so much a cash cow but once it is I'll be sure to send everyone some milk. :)

Thank you all for the understanding!

Last edited:
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
friendsgotmilk.jpg

J

JamesBephoto

Reaction score
I agree, when I was using sum3D we had a physical dongle and a license number. Not relying on someones server. Sorry to hear your troubles.
Where did you get
I agree, when I was using sum3D we had a physical dongle and a license number. Not relying on someones server. Sorry to hear your troubles.
Thank you
I know it feels unfair to charge for support but I'd like to mention a few things. Roland and Sum3D support and updates are completely optional, if you don't want support and updates for your software/mill that's totally fine, it will continue to run like normal, period. Its optional and we are flexible. Like everyone on this forum we are running a business, we have over 25 people working in our support and service team, not even mentioning R&D. It costs money to run a world class team like ours, it's also based 100% in America providing good jobs and, I'd like to think, helping our economy. Good service takes good people, I hope you all understand, we are human and we all work very hard. I sit next to the majority of our support team, they are really caring people and I personally would defend what we do to anyone. I'd be happy to talk on the phone anytime if anyone has questions. 781 435 4713

It's not so much a cash cow but once it is I'll be sure to send everyone some milk. :)

Thank you all for the understanding!
you should charge for excellent service and support.
one of best in usa.
this is why i buy stuffs from cap.
don't worry i now have backup modem for my internet.
:D:D:D

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi Sam,
Today I received a letter from CAP saying that from now on, Henry Schein will take care of order supplies and equipment sales.
I used to order via webpage CAP store, very easy and convenient. Does this mean that I can not place on-line orders anymore?
How about for equipment? I had in mind a new mill soon.
Thank you
Bio

Last edited:
J

JamesBephoto

Reaction score
You could email the HQ and ask for the contacts of the US resellers...

I did spoke to cim system today
They really wanted to help me about this situation and
Cap is working on this to solve this issue asap
my modem will make sure I stay in business until cap comes out with back up plan.
Best support and service team

:):):)

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Hi Sam,
Today I received a letter from CAP saying that from now on, Henry Schein will take care of order supplies and equipment sales.
I used to order via webpage CAP store, very easy and convenient. Does this mean that I can not place on-line orders anymore?
How about for equipment? I had in mind a new mill soon.
Thank you
Bio

Hello Jorge,

I'll send you an email.

Thank you all, again!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"I really feel like there should be some way we can protect our intellectual property while still allowing the customer to operate their system freely."

1azso2.jpg

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
"I really feel like there should be some way we can protect our intellectual property while still allowing the customer to operate their system freely."

1azso2.jpg
I love that movie :) :Top:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm glad everything has worked out for everyone and we are all happy now.
Have a great day :)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score

1azso2.jpg
Clint with an M1 Garand, what movie is that from? I need to see it.

C

Cornerstone

Reaction score
I just found this thread. I'm having the exact same issue. When attempting to do the machine calculation it gives me an "internet not available. press ESC." When I press ESC it goes through the normal steps but won't actually send the job to the mill. It acts like it will start but then won't complete the calculation. Unfortunately I discovered all this after getting back from vacation and was trying to do some weekend work. Multiple cases due in the next few days and I can't finish them without a resolution. I bought my mill from CAP just a month or so before this original post. I've never encountered this issue before. Anybody have a solution other than waiting for Henry Schein tech support to be open in the morning?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I just found this thread. I'm having the exact same issue. When attempting to do the machine calculation it gives me an "internet not available. press ESC." When I press ESC it goes through the normal steps but won't actually send the job to the mill. It acts like it will start but then won't complete the calculation. Unfortunately I discovered all this after getting back from vacation and was trying to do some weekend work. Multiple cases due in the next few days and I can't finish them without a resolution. I bought my mill from CAP just a month or so before this original post. I've never encountered this issue before. Anybody have a solution other than waiting for Henry Schein tech support to be open in the morning?
Me too! I thought I was the only one! Going to be calling CIM systems tomorrow. Started Friday evening and I lost all weekend trying to figure this out

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Also, CIM systems websites all seem to be down, not sure if that has anything to do with this