Can't Get My STL's to show up in my DentalCAM

Y

YoungDentalLabTechnician

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a technician in the US. I am trying to set up a new computer in order to mill crowns on my K5 milling machine. I have connected my manufacturing drive to this computer and I can view the Stl's in the folder. I have properly set the folder to my CAM software, but for some reason, the STL's won't appear on the software for milling. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, could let me know what you did to bypass this issue?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I use a PM7 mill from Ivoclar. With their CAM software, if there is a parentheses in the STL file name, it won't show up. I just go in and rename the file by removing the parentheses and then import the file into my CAM. Not sure if that's your issue, but that is definitely an issue for Ivoclar's CAM

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Also, if the above doesn't fix it, call your tech support. The most important aspect of your dental mill is the support you get from your reseller. Use it. I used to call them multiple times a week when I first got into milling. They should be able to fix the issue quickly and you can learn how they did it so you won't have to call back then next time it happens. Now, I rarely talk to my friends at tech support. :) Good Luck!

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a technician in the US. I am trying to set up a new computer in order to mill crowns on my K5 milling machine. I have connected my manufacturing drive to this computer and I can view the Stl's in the folder. I have properly set the folder to my CAM software, but for some reason, the STL's won't appear on the software for milling. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, could let me know what you did to bypass this issue?
Show All Files? When you try to import maybe?