can Keysplint soft be repaired

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Hello
we over polished it, there's a tiny hole on the occlusal surface, can it be patched.
Thanks

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I can’t say either way but I took a class hosted by Zahn and presented by Jessica Birrel. It was mostly focusing on Desktop Healths resin and printers. I know its slightly off topic but being that its light cured material I figure I share. She mentioned that she has repaired a cracked tooth by building up little by little using the same resin. So with a hand held UV light she add some tooth resin to the cracked tooth, cure for a few seconds, then build up to a fully anatomical tooth. My guess is that it is possible using the same NightGuard resin. I would experiment and after curing twist it around to see if it bonded well or pops off. Keep us posted because Im curious as well.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I can’t say either way but I took a class hosted by Zahn and presented by Jessica Birrel. It was mostly focusing on Desktop Healths resin and printers. I know its slightly off topic but being that its light cured material I figure I share. She mentioned that she has repaired a cracked tooth by building up little by little using the same resin. So with a hand held UV light she add some tooth resin to the cracked tooth, cure for a few seconds, then build up to a fully anatomical tooth. My guess is that it is possible using the same NightGuard resin. I would experiment and after curing twist it around to see if it bonded well or pops off. Keep us posted because Im curious as well.
Using the same resin bit by bit and cure it is THE only way you can fix any printed resin.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hello
we over polished it, there's a tiny hole on the occlusal surface, can it be patched.
Thanks
We have had success in the past using some of the original resin, applying it to the surface and then just light curing it. You can patch some holes with conventional acrylic also but it will create a weird patch considering it will be a different material, best bet is using the original resin for continuities sake.

MedicalChimp

MedicalChimp

Reaction score
We've done this with orthoflex (similar resin, just nextdent's proprietary) with no issues. Sometimes you get bubbles in the print and we'll drill it out and patch it in and then nitrogen cure it in the autoflash.

Worth noting - I don't think it's worth trying on the occlusal surface. I'd bite the bullet and just reprint at that point to keep quality with your design. Last thing you want is to alter any excursions. (Assuming that this is for a nightguard)

We also barely touch the occlusal surface while polishing for that reason. If the print lines get polished away, it's a reprint. The doctors seem to like it that way since it is protecting the excursions.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Worth noting - I don't think it's worth trying on the occlusal surface. I'd bite the bullet and just reprint at that point to keep quality with your design. Last thing you want is to alter any excursions. (Assuming that this is for a nightguard)
That's exactly what I ended up doing, case was supposed to be be delivered, I called the office and got more time, reprinted it and called it a day.
and then just light curing it
how do you light cure it?
I did add a drop of the keysplint resin, stock it inside the Lightcure box, but it didn't cure.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
That's exactly what I ended up doing, case was supposed to be be delivered, I called the office and got more time, reprinted it and called it a day.

I did add a drop of the keysplint resin, stock it inside the Lightcure box, but it didn't cure.
As long as it is UV light it should cure, we just add a small amount on the splint, pass over it with the handheld UV light and then throw it into our cure box (FormCure/RSCure)

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

check wavelength and exposure

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
As long as it is UV light it should cure, we just add a small amount on the splint, pass over it with the handheld UV light and then throw it into our cure box (FormCure/RSCure)
Can you please recommend a handheld UV Light?
Thanks