Can Exocad do a denture tooth reduction jig?

V

VanMan42

Reaction score
I want to make a denture in exocad using carded teeth. Does anyone know how to make a separate reduction jig to reduce the teeth and then put the teeth in the milled/printed base so they will fit in?

Solution
CoolHandLuke
you'll have to make a monoblock, print it, then either make a matrix in putty and manually trim the teeth till the base fits in the matrix or import the monoblock to some other modelling program to make a printable matrix using something like a coping or a boolean operation.
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I want to make a denture in exocad using carded teeth. Does anyone know how to make a separate reduction jig to reduce the teeth and then put the teeth in the milled/printed base so they will fit in?
You basically can't.

To have the jig fit the teeth, you have to let exocad know what the shape of the teeth is.
They are injection moulded and each injection wears the mould a bit. The mould gets larger and more indistinct over time.
Then it is replaced.

there is no real way to do this unless you scan in each and every mould you use and then there is no setup for it as you are bypassing FDA certification on the CAD friendly teeth lines that will be able to do what you ask.

You could grunt through all the effort eventually, but you'll end up with a system that you have to do from scratch for each case unless you are way smarter than the overachiving above average bear.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you'll have to make a monoblock, print it, then either make a matrix in putty and manually trim the teeth till the base fits in the matrix or import the monoblock to some other modelling program to make a printable matrix using something like a coping or a boolean operation.

Solution
V

VanMan42

Reaction score
You basically can't.

To have the jig fit the teeth, you have to let exocad know what the shape of the teeth is.
They are injection moulded and each injection wears the mould a bit. The mould gets larger and more indistinct over time.
Then it is replaced.

there is no real way to do this unless you scan in each and every mould you use and then there is no setup for it as you are bypassing FDA certification on the CAD friendly teeth lines that will be able to do what you ask.

You could grunt through all the effort eventually, but you'll end up with a system that you have to do from scratch for each case unless you are way smarter than the overachiving above average bear.
There are carded teeth made for digital dentures though I have used them before and they fit fine in the printed base. I would just like a simple way to print out a separate base to guide the tooth reduction. But you are correct that the normal carded teeth will not work. Thanks for the reply!

V

VanMan42

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I figured. Bluesky bio even has the ability to make the coping I wish exocad could do it more simply.