Can anyone solder this hole closed?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
The best price I got so far in this forum is $80.
That's about right...not including shipping. Don't go for the cheaper solder option. It would work, but next time the old solder would have to be removed before a real weld. However, given the ready to fall apart status of partial, it would cost more money and time to fill it in with acrylic if done properly. Go with the weld and reduction.

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
My question would be how much can you really grind on a vital tooth to be able to add much
metal to the area to laser weld?
If tooth had receded pulp chamber, that might be possible, but if not, and pt is sensitive, then
DDS might end up grinding your beautifully repaired/welded area and you might get the blame
when the repair fails and have to do it a second time around for free . . . . might be best to
return, or better yet, reply now before accepting work, with a strong disclaimer.
My 2 cents.
LCM

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
My question would be how much can you really grind on a vital tooth to be able to add much
If tooth had receded pulp chamber, that might be possible, but if not, and pt is sensitive, then
DDS might end up grinding your beautifully repaired/welded area and you might get the blame
when the repair fails and have to do it a second time around for free . . . . might be best to
return, or better yet, reply now before accepting work, with a strong disclaimer.
My 2 cents.
LCM
Agree...this RPD is bad with no hole. This patient is gonna have to do something more restorative, or keep throwing good money after bad.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
My 2 cents.
LCM

The doctor is fully aware of what's going on with this case. He knows I don't have the capacity to laser weld at my lab and told me to find someone who can, he'll pay for it and will adjust the opposing occlusion.