Can anyone recommend a compressor?

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I'm looking to shop for a compressor to run two zirkonzahn M2 mills, one wet and one dry.

I know nothing about compressors other than I probably want a rotary screw oiless unit. Can any of you fine folk recommend some to me? And how much should I be expected to spend?

Thanks!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Here's a past thread.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If I had to do it again I would spring for one of those screw type compressors.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Kaeser screw compressor the way to go. Not cheap but highly reliable. We have had ours for over 20 years. Runs all our mills and everything else in the lab that requires clean dry air. I think at the time I paid around $12,000

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I'm looking to shop for a compressor to run two zirkonzahn M2 mills, one wet and one dry.

I know nothing about compressors other than I probably want a rotary screw oiless unit. Can any of you fine folk recommend some to me? And how much should I be expected to spend?

Thanks!
Look up on eBay for a quite oil less compressor. I got one for $150 running 2 milling machine and all the other turbines we have.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Kaeser screw compressor the way to go. Not cheap but highly reliable. We have had ours for over 20 years. Runs all our mills and everything else in the lab that requires clean dry air. I think at the time I paid around $12,000
Do you know what model you use? Just found out the compressor will be running the two mills and the whole lab so it looks like I'm in the market for something more like a kaeser.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I used to have a 2hp CompAir rotary vane running like a champ for almost 20 years back in Canada, nowadays I got a 3hp oil-less "dental" unit which is basically 3 vacuum pumps mounted on a tank... no complaints so far, but I believe the CompAir was way better.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Do you know what model you use? Just found out the compressor will be running the two mills and the whole lab so it looks like I'm in the market for something more like a kaeser.
masteraire.com

they ship to the US fyi (based in Canada)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Kaeser, Atlas Copco, Chicago Pnuematic any screw drive compressor. 5hp or more no less. 7 if you have the power block, you will need 3phase for the best results, single phase is too hard on the stat stop of the motors.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Anyone with Kaeser, which one do you recommend? One their webpage there is tone of them and don't know what to look for....For now there would be 4man band lab, one Roland and one Imes 350ipro+ on it...Looking for enough air volume so that compressor would turn on and off every 15 sec

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
On the far end of things: we have dual 25HP Kaeser screw compressors- one primarily for backup- and a *600 litre* buffer tank. It's absurd overkill, even for a big lab, but needless to say we're never short of air, no matter what we're running.

Gigieiya

Gigieiya

Reaction score
Hi there! Picking up the topic, it seems now it is my turn to choose a correct compressor) Guys from above interested in Kaeser and Atlas Copco, what choices have you made?
For setup 350i Pro + 150i + few rooms and minor lab equip, we are thinking about AC SF2FF and Kaeser Tower T...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi there! Picking up the topic, it seems now it is my turn to choose a correct compressor) Guys from above interested in Kaeser and Atlas Copco, what choices have you made?
For setup 350i Pro + 150i + few rooms and minor lab equip, we are thinking about AC SF2FF and Kaeser Tower T...
we got a rotary screw for our 350pro+
MasterAire, and i love it. MORE than enough

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I used to have a 2hp CompAir rotary vane running like a champ for almost 20 years back in Canada, nowadays I got a 3hp oil-less "dental" unit which is basically 3 vacuum pumps mounted on a tank... no complaints so far, but I believe the CompAir was way better.
Have the exact same rotary vane compressor. Finally gave out after 15 years.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys never get a PM7 or a Carbon Printer. The PM7 requires a constant 130 p.s.i, the Carbon needs 115 p.s.i.
Not many single phase compressors can do that, almost have to have a three phase compressor to push that much air. Just food for thought.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hope you guys never get a PM7 or a Carbon Printer. The PM7 requires a constant 130 p.s.i, the Carbon needs 115 p.s.i.
Not many single phase compressors can do that, almost have to have a three phase compressor to push that much air. Just food for thought.
Many of us aren't fancy enough to own a PM7 or a Carbon printer... just sayin' Vroam

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Many of us aren't fancy enough to own a PM7 or a Carbon printer... just sayin' Vroam
Hush, it's a negative 5 degrees F, don't be cold hearted like me. Also, I started just like everyone here...probably worse off. Kitchen table and a pipe dream.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

That's why I didn't even get a PM5, the cfm and the compressor requirements I would need.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
boy there's a BLAST from the past lmao