Can anyone help connect Dekema oven via ethernet??

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No I did buy it used, it was purchased from jensen, that is why they want to charge $100. Its fine that they want to do that, thats their business. Im not trying to trash jensen, but.. $100 just to speak to a tech guy, who could maybe resolve my issues in minutes.. with the possiblity that it may be more, $100 is the minimum. The thought of someone like Chris at Zubler wanting money to support their product over the phone is laughable. Jensen is just a middle man, theres no guarantee that they could fix my issue, its probably not even an oven issue, I should just call an IT person and see if they charge $100 to talk to me.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hi Affinity,
are you sure that DHCP-funktion is enabled?
There is a hint in the instruction that it can be disabled by the distributor. So if thats the problem jensen has to enable it.
Otherwise i would connect dekema direct, they are very helpful.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think that is my next option, I might call CAP and see if they can help. The DHCP is turned off. Like I said there is no way to change that until it connects. I was hoping I could do a hard reset but havent seen that in the book, probably a dist. option. There is the USB startup recovery but that doesnt seem to change any settings. It seriously shouldnt be this hard, my printer connected right up.. ive tried 3 different cables, running directly to pc or into router. Ive also tried the Iphone app with no luck.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
CAP...good luck. Even in wanting to get help with increasing the base size for CMCs printed models was given grief, they really weren't wanting to help because my scanner wasn't purchased from CAP/Zahn and to call Ivoclar instead. I told them since it was something I was trying to send to the happy family of CAP/CMC/Zahn, would they help me, but was still told to go to my originally re-seller.

On another call I wanted to upload a file to CMC from 3Shape that I was having a bit of trouble with their portal I have a link to at the top of 3Shape, and was asked where I got the scanner from as they have their new software on their scanners and was reluctantly helped by going to the web page portal.

They could surprise me, us though, with an October surprise of being helpful?

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
the Easiest way to connect is to use a laptop. You will need to have a laptop with Ethernet port to run the cable from laptop to dekema. If you have that available let me know and I will talk you through the rest. If you do not I will try and explain a way to connect through your router but it will require some work as the oven may have a static IP and not share the same gateway as the router is set to.

Any easy way to tell if the oven is accessible easily through your router would be to open a CMD prompt in windows and type ipconfig

Compare the addresses are similar in all but the last three numbers.
Let me know....

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@Affinity If you want, I'm in the lab today and have time to work on it with you one on one. You've got the number to the batcave belfry.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help! I contacted Dekema and theyve already written me back so I will see what they tell me. I did try with a laptop direct connection but still didnt work.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help! I contacted Dekema and theyve already written me back so I will see what they tell me. I did try with a laptop direct connection but still didnt work.

The laptop direct connection requires you to change your IPv4 properties to match the defualts on the machine.
static ip of 192.168.115.2
gateway of : 192.168.115.255

You may need to change the dns as well.

But once the IP address is configured on the laptop you should be able to use VNC to connect to the default oven IP of 192.168.115.200
Let me know how it goes.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks! The problem is the IP on the oven can’t be changed, only the last 3 digits, I can’t reset the default IP. I did change the ipv4 on the laptop direct connectionto the IP of the oven but no luck. Dekema only referred me to cap or Jensen, so it looks like I will just use the programs already on the oven.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Thanks! The problem is the IP on the oven can’t be changed, only the last 3 digits, I can’t reset the default IP. I did change the ipv4 on the laptop direct connectionto the IP of the oven but no luck. Dekema only referred me to cap or Jensen, so it looks like I will just use the programs already on the oven.

If you are in the setup menu using the control tablet of the oven and have changed the last 3 digits you are changing the vnc default ip. So be sure to use that once the laptop is connected and configured for the VNC sotware.

You should also open your network adapter screen in control panel after changing the laptop settings to make sure that it reidentifies the direct network connection to the oven.

Again, make sure to use these setting for your laptop unless the ip address ending in .2 is the same as what your oven is set to.
ip: 192.168.115.2
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.115.255

I will check on what the DNS should be set to.

or you can PM me and I will give you a ring later today or tomorrow to walk you through it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for all your help! Shout out to marius at Dekema, he had is sorted out in less than a minute. I had the correct IP in the IPv4 settings, but it wouldnt connect.. He let it obtain IP automatically, which somehow let it see the connection, then went back to the IP on the oven.. maybe just a quirky thing, but again thanks for everyone chiming in!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old Dekema Basic oven. When I saw the heat sensor error I knew elements had to be changed. Reading through warranty on new elements I checked the chamber and notice the insulation is starting to sag? Is there a way to replace it here so I don't have to send it to Cores3D? Look like a couple screws hold the chamber in place or would they ship a whole new chamber? ? on Cost
Additionally, they wanted me to perform an upgrade and I mentioned I had no problems, so I wasn't sure I wanted to perform? I also forgot how to do a back-up, looks like I'll have to call them on Monday. Thanks in Advance for any advice!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
If you buy materials from Jensen and meet a certain amount monthly not sure the amount, then tech support is free of charge on what they sell after warrantee expires(cad/cam, mill, sintering furnace) etc,. I think Jensen is a great company with great tech support.

Top Bottom