Can a scanbody represent a stock abutment in inLab or are they only used for custom abutments?

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can use a scanbody to represent a stock abutment like a straumann variobase? Like instead of waiting for the part to arrive and then scanning the model with the abutment and designing a crown to fit it, is there a way to work on it digitally before the abutment arrives? I'm struggling to see that option in the administration settings and was going to call Sirona or an implant company to pick their brain but I figured I'd ask here first!

Just to clarify, we have an X5 mill and I'm not talking about the blocks made with the hole in them, since there's like a variobase c (cerac) designed for that. I'm talking about the variobase without the "c", like something I could mill out of a puck.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
a variobase already has a digital workflow. stock abutments do not.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I design on ti base or custom abutments or Stock abutments, but I think it's not available in all brands, Megagen is.
Two problems you face, only straight abutments are available, and it cannot be be adjusted.
Although I did make an adjustment digitally to a stock abutment once by editing its stl file.

Top Bottom