Can a Bredent matrix take the heat?

E

EricH

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm about to Ivocap process a partial with Bredent ball type attachment matrices in the framework, and I wonder if the rubber/plastc they're made of can handle being boiled. Will they be reusable or need replacing? Thanks!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm about to Ivocap process a partial with Bredent ball type attachment matrices in the framework, and I wonder if the rubber/plastc they're made of can handle being boiled. Will they be reusable or need replacing? Thanks!
The one case I have ever done they worked fine in the Ivobase, I believe they are pekkton? If you are talking about what I think you are.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
E

EricH

Reaction score
My plan is to process on the master model with the analogs in it. I'll have to carefully grind off any acrylic that ends up in the way. I'm hoping the analog will mostly prevent the matrix from filling up solid. Time will tell :).

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
My plan is to process on the master model with the analogs in it. I'll have to carefully grind off any acrylic that ends up in the way. I'm hoping the analog will mostly prevent the matrix from filling up solid. Time will tell :).
After you boil it out block it out with a little bit of stone or plaster to keep the acrylic out of it.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hope will not save the day on this. mix a little putty and seat fully then process.

E

EricH

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice. It did turn out well! I don't think the matrices were harmed at all. They look and act like they should. The analogs kept the insides of the matrices from getting full of acrylic. The only place any accumulated was under the ball, next to the model. But there's no undercut or anything, so it just popped out with the analog.

It was a 6 unit bridge on the lower anteriors, with these ball attachments on the distals of 22 and 27. Then the partial frame has little clasp-like rests around the cingulum to keep the back from lifting. Looks nice with no metal showing and snaps in well. The only bad part is the size of those knobs on the frame that house the matrices. It's a tight fit getting teeth over them. But it turned out nice.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Multiple ways to do it.

E

EricH

Reaction score
Ok, I heard from Xpdent eventually, and they say:

"Matrices are made of Duroplast, very strong material. No problem."

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Somebody will eventually come through here looking.
Beware press packing any brand attachments.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
It's still plastic....if you put 2000lbs of compression on plastic against metal, if there is a slight squeeze, either in the flask shell or one of the stone sides, or the dough is too tough, it will be absorbed in that plastic.

For instance, a locator overdenture. Everything looks good before the heat. Then at delivery, client says it doesn't quite snap in like it's supposed to.

If you press pack, I wouldn't take it over 1000lb. Better yet, just use one of the new pour acrylics. Injection should be fine as it's only around 150psi, you just have to worry about "moving around".

E

EricH

Reaction score
I've always injected with Ivocap. Anytime I've relined a locator equipped denture, I popped out the plastic and filled the housings with bite material or some such thing. But, popping them out was often destructive too!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I've always injected with Ivocap. Anytime I've relined a locator equipped denture, I popped out the plastic and filled the housings with bite material or some such thing. But, popping them out was often destructive too!
I just fill in with putty or vps impression

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
When I Ivocap reline a denture with a locator I put an analog in it before I pour the model.

E

EricH

Reaction score
When I Ivocap reline a denture with a locator I put an analog in it before I pour the model.
That would be far better, I believe. Where do you get yours? I should probably start doing it that way.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
That would be far better, I believe. Where do you get yours? I should probably start doing it that way.
I get mine through dess. 10 pack of them, then break them out check them under magnification for damage then use them again.