Camming, Cammer, is that such a word?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
anyway, does anyone offer service where you could send your design, have them create the nc program for you, and then you mill? Is that even possible ? my mind is just wondering while I draw crowns on the 3shape Etch n Sketch.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
possible, yes. good idea, no.

relinquishing control of your manufacturing puts your machine in danger. your CAM calculator may not have all the adequate information for your case, and if you break a tool or need to start from the middle of the project, you'll have to re-CAM anyway.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Theoretically is possible, however there're way too many factors involved making it unfeasible to run such a service. NC code is machine, tool and stock dependent...in a lab setting, someone with an identical setup could only generate NC code for you.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes this can be done, if it is a blank disk you need to provide the disk size, factors number. But what mill do you have and cam software. The same software and mill post processor must be used.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
In my mind I was thinking one would need to know, Machine type, matching cam software, puck scale factor, new puck, and tool diameter.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
In my mind I was thinking one would need to know, Machine type, matching cam software, puck scale factor, new puck, and tool diameter.
If you have a roladn 52D they need to have that mills post processor in the their cam software. I think it all goes through the vpanel or what ever it is now, so that's all you would need.

If you use the standard tooling sizes they are already in the camsoftware, unless you are using certain special tools. Then you would need to give them that info or export the tools so they have them.

A new puck to start, with the factor number. then they can keep using it till it runs out, if you have them use multiple size you must know what disk and size they used.

Yes your on the right track. What mill and software do you have?

It can easily be done. I know i can do it on DScam for wieland, but not for their hybrid select as the RFID label needs to be scanned in to create a disk. And that is all needed locally.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Versamill 5XS. I currently have Dentmill but am switching to Hyperdent Basic. But my 63 year old internal hard drive is getting slow and filled up. Just more stuff I have to learn and shove in there.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Versamill 5XS. I currently have Dentmill but am switching to Hyperdent Basic. But my 63 year old internal hard drive is getting slow and filled up. Just more stuff I have to learn and shove in there.
I find more room presents itself when ever I see the Amazing Mrs. Anything I thought was real important, but was not, kinda just evaporates.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You would need the offsets for the machine you are using. You would need a multi machine module (in hyperdent) to set that up and post processor for your mill.. which is thousands of dollars. Or have someone use teamviewer to nest all your units at the end of the day. I hate nesting too, but I dont think theres an easy way to get out of it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You would need the offsets for the machine you are using. You would need a multi machine module (in hyperdent) to set that up and post processor for your mill.. which is thousands of dollars. Or have someone use teamviewer to nest all your units at the end of the day. I hate nesting too, but I dont think theres an easy way to get out of it.
I do know a couple offices that send scans to an offsite tech, who after designing connnects to teh office's CAM PC and uploads, nests, etc, and they walk in to fresh milled crowns from yesterday they dip and sinter. Sure it gets a monocromatic crown that looks like the early days, but that's what they do normally for all post crowns.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to mention using teamviewer to connect to the mill and software. Sounds like a nightmare.

Top Bottom