Calibrating the Sirona inlab profire

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
I don't know what model you have but I had one of the larger sirona sintering furnaces which was a mihm vogt rebrand. A guy from Zubler ( how sells the mihm vogt) gave me the deep clean cycle for that particular furnace. Just have to dig deeper and make sure its the same furnace before you start running a random deep clean cycle.
Okay. I will look for a suitable cycle. Thanks for helping 😊

D

drmikezhou

Reaction score
@filippos did you ever resolve this issue or find out how to calibrate the furnace? I just started using the Inlab Profire furnace. The esthetics with Cercon ht ML and xt ML were very good. But I am planning to try Katana YML to avoid having 2 different types of zirconia. I'll let you know how my test goes once I receive a disc to try.

From the Profire manual, it says Service 1 program is for Temperature check (only in conjunction with the test kit). Maybe that is what we need to calibrate the furnace.

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Hey @drmikezhou . Nice to hear. We also use Katana YML . And the reason i wanted to calibrate the sirona is that we get a transition line between the last 2 enamel layers when we sinter Katana YML. I have tried so many different sinter cycles but the line is still visible.

yes, it says that. But what does it mean only in conjuction with the test kit? Do you have any info on that? I need to speak with our dealer then

Let me know your result when you test the YML blanks. Thanks.

D

drmikezhou

Reaction score
Hey @drmikezhou . Nice to hear. We also use Katana YML . And the reason i wanted to calibrate the sirona is that we get a transition line between the last 2 enamel layers when we sinter Katana YML. I have tried so many different sinter cycles but the line is still visible.

yes, it says that. But what does it mean only in conjuction with the test kit? Do you have any info on that? I need to speak with our dealer then

@filippos I had no problems with Katana YML C2 that i tried with my Profire. I heard their earlier disks had issues but it has been resolved now. Maybe order another disk and give it a try.

And why not consider Ivoclar ZirCAD Prime? On paper it appears to have similar properties as Katana YML.

GhostFake

GhostFake

Reaction score

We've been using the YML for aver a year now and we can't get rid of that transition line. We were working with Katana (who told us repeatedly to bump our oven up 10 degrees) and we still have that line. It's so bad we will not use this Zr for anterior or esthetic work. And after dealing with Katana for a while they finally stopped replying to our emails, and won't return our calls. I think their way of "dealing" with it is to ignore the complaints of their clientele. We've used both a Dekema 674 and then bought a Sintra Pro to make this work...

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
We've been using the YML for aver a year now and we can't get rid of that transition line. We were working with Katana (who told us repeatedly to bump our oven up 10 degrees) and we still have that line. It's so bad we will not use this Zr for anterior or esthetic work. And after dealing with Katana for a while they finally stopped replying to our emails, and won't return our calls. I think their way of "dealing" with it is to ignore the complaints of their clientele. We've used both a Dekema 674 and then bought a Sintra Pro to make this work...
Try Whitepeaks, similar to YML but in my hands more of what I was looking for in multi shaded multi strength zr. I use Mihm-Vogt HT-2/M/Zirkon-120 sintering furnace.

GhostFake

GhostFake

Reaction score
Try Whitepeaks, similar to YML but in my hands more of what I was looking for in multi shaded multi strength zr. I use Mihm-Vogt HT-2/M/Zirkon-120 sintering furnace.
We are currently testing a lot of different zirconia, so we will add Whitepeaks to that stack, thank you!

filippos

filippos

Reaction score

more or less, similar situation with us. i have also spoken with many guys and Noritake's support but our problem never solved. i did many many test. Right now, we are testing Aidite's zirconia blanks. I will come back with feedback when im done.

I also noted Whitepeaks now, we can test a few blanks after Aidite. Thank you for the recommendation.

Plus, as for calibration. This weekend i attended a seminar from Noritake with Daniele Rondoni. He recomends this sintering cycle for calibration on any furnace brand while using ferro calibration rings. IMG_20231014_135812.jpg

And as for cleaning the furnace, he claimed that when you sinter white zirconia pieces, you only check whether the furnace resistances are covered with oxides or not. You can clean them with this product.
( i haven't bought this product yet, so not tested)
IMG_20231014_133627.jpg

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
@filippos I had no problems with Katana YML C2 that i tried with my Profire. I heard their earlier disks had issues but it has been resolved now. Maybe order another disk and give it a try.

And why not consider Ivoclar ZirCAD Prime? On paper it appears to have similar properties as Katana YML.
Thanks for your feedback. I do believe that our order was full of these problematic disks thpugh

We worked with Prime before but i heard everyone disliked a milky incisal. i do not remember because it was back on my first steps in the lab work, so im not 100% sure

G

Gassou

Reaction score
Hello do you use the mc x5 ?? If yes is it going well?

Top Bottom