Calibrating the Sirona inlab profire

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope you're doing great!!

I want to ask you, if I can calibrate our Sirona inlab profire sintering furnace. And if yes, how can I do it.

Basically, our dealer told us that Sirona doesn't have manual about calibration and they claim that it's not needed.

I have the calibration rings from Ferro, buts it's from Ivoclar vivadent and the manual and the chart with the temperature is for our programmat furnace.

Is there any universal way to calibrate this furnace, despite that Sirona claims in not needed?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
why do you need to calibrate it is the zi looking not great we need more info.im pretty sure i know how this is going to go.

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Yes, actually we have a problem with the sintered Yml Katana. We get a transition line between dentin and translucent layer.

I've done many test with the temperatures and the heat rates. We only get more opaque or more translucent objects. But the line is still there.

It's pretty ugly for the monolithic restorations and I'm trying to find a solution. After long speaking with dealers and so on, I realize I have to be sure about our ovens first. So I want to calibrate our pro fire to have all parameters under my control.

I can't post pictures so you can see the problem.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
Thanks

G

grantoz

Reaction score
are you speed firing in your dental surgery

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
No speed firing. I'm talking for the normal sintering firing

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
It could be a solution but It's not the optimal for our production so far.

I've seen Noritake zirconia and especially Yml, sintered perfectly without transition line. That means the product can be optimal, but somehow, something with the this furnace and the temperatures happens and we get that result.

My aim now is to check everything about the furnace and get back with Noritake people to find a solution

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Furnace could be a lemon. Any buddies in the area?

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Ohh okay. Haha. Yeah, Maybe. That's why I want to calibrate first.

Sirona claims the furnace is perfect 😂
I have to mention is brand new, not even a year in our lab.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ohh okay. Haha. Yeah, Maybe. That's why I want to calibrate first.

Sirona claims the furnace is perfect 😂
I have to mention is brand new, not even a year in our lab.
No offense, but sirona is more of a dentists choice of equipment. They don't tend to allow tinkering/adaptation. Likely they want thousands just to look at it and tell you nothing is wrong, but you could buy our new furnace and see if that helps your problem.

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Okay I see. Sirona's support is not the best. We had a problem with shutdowns with this furnace the first day we used it. And it took us months and too much effort to solve it. Finally I did change the whole electronic board and solve it. I want to say , you're right about it

We actually have the sintering issue with Yml on any other furnace we have. That's weird

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Try some different pucks of zirconia there may be nothing wrong with your furnace.

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Yeah, starting to thinking that seriously. It's not up to me basically so have to discuss it with the ceo.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Sirona sintering furnaces are basically private labeled Mihm-Vogt furnaces ( they used to be anyways, my older model was). Get the Calibration or deep clean cycle from them for the equivalent model.

Last edited:
filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Sirona sintering furnaces are basically private labeled Mihm-Vogt furnaces ( they used to be anyways, my older model was). Get the Calibration or deep clean cycle from them for the equivalent model.
You mean something like this cleaning program?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-22-41-59-251_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-22-41-59-251_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
M

mmbh

Reaction score
I don't know what model you have but I had one of the larger sirona sintering furnaces which was a mihm vogt rebrand. A guy from Zubler ( how sells the mihm vogt) gave me the deep clean cycle for that particular furnace. Just have to dig deeper and make sure its the same furnace before you start running a random deep clean cycle.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I don't use those furnaces anymore so I haven't kept up with what sirona sells now.

Top Bottom