CAD Dental Design Software-Other than 3Shape/Exocad

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
When I did a demo of Dental Wings, there were 2 glitches. One was where the background when black. I asked the rep if they knew about it, and if there was a fix coming out, and he said yes, but didn't know when it may be patched. I tried a 3Shape demo from the same vendor with no issues. He said to go with 3Shape. I've been happy with it ever since. This was before Exocad had made any impact, when 3Shape was being sold by every and any vendor, including Ace Hardware :) What I did like about Dental Wings was the numbered multi dies can feature.
I was not the original person who was officially "trained" on Dental Wings. Once he left and it was turned over to me(i had been waxing emax and full gold crowns for 7 years at that point) I did my best to learn how to use it. After about a year of using it, I figured that the software was limiting me and not my skills. The support was also terrible. I could never get though to anyone at CMC on a timely basis. I think I got our support switched to CAP at some point and that's when I started to figure out that Dental Wings sucked.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was not the original person who was officially "trained" on Dental Wings. Once he left and it was turned over to me(i had been waxing emax and full gold crowns for 7 years at that point) I did my best to learn how to use it. After about a year of using it, I figured that the software was limiting me and not my skills. The support was also terrible. I could never get though to anyone at CMC on a timely basis. I think I got our support switched to CAP at some point and that's when I started to figure out that Dental Wings sucked.
That's where my demo's were done through, CMC ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Just read about this software in LMT magazine, it is completely free.
looks a lot like a skinned version of B4D, or some sort of Fork, because blender is open source and free.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I know this is the information OP is looking for, but with some of these "free" ones, how easy are they really to work with, and how is the Support going to be?
Axsys is unveiling a new thing you'll want to know about. i'll post about it after the show.

I

ILCDT2000

Reaction score
looks a lot like a skinned version of B4D, or some sort of Fork, because blender is open source and free.
Thank you! I just checked it out. Will try it out and post something about it.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Para empezar con un software barato te recomiendo Real Guide, hoy precisamente hay una demostracion online. ;-)

S

Salma

Reaction score
If you are still looking for one there is Realguide who launched there CAD software about a month or two months ago. You may check it out

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
I used to work for Dental Wings support in Montreal, our resellers sucked for support and training. Clients started to call us directly at some point because of this but they never wanted to learn and be present on the troubleshooting. Sad to hear you guys don't like Dental Wings hahaha. What I liked about DW was that you could do anything you wanted in the order you wanted, but that was confusing too for some people. Now they have simple versions as well! I like 3 shape too tho, but there's things I rather do with DW :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I used to work for Dental Wings support in Montreal, our resellers sucked for support and training. Clients started to call us directly at some point because of this but they never wanted to learn and be present on the troubleshooting. Sad to hear you guys don't like Dental Wings hahaha. What I liked about DW was that you could do anything you wanted in the order you wanted, but that was confusing too for some people. Now they have simple versions as well! I like 3 shape too tho, but there's things I rather do with DW :)
When I did my demos between Dental Wings and 3Shape (Exocad wasn't on the radar at that time) there were a couple of things I liked about it over 3Shape, but I couldn't get past a glitch or two that the rep said hadn't been resolved for a while. At the time, 3Shape really saturated the market by offering it through every vendor on the market, (including my aunt selling them from her garage). The level of support offered by 3Shape, the vendor at that time, also helped seal the deal for me.

Last edited:
B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
When I did my demos between Dental Wings and 3Shape (Exocad wasn't on the radar at that time) there were a couple of things I liked about it over 3Shape, but I couldn't get past a glitch or two that the rep said hadn't been resolved for a while. At the time, 3Shape really saturated the market by offering it through every vendor on the market, (including my aunt selling them from her garage). The level of support offered by 3Shape, the vendor at that time, also helped seal the deal for me.
I understand!! There's another compagny missing that has all the nice features of the 3 mixed in one XD

D

DaDentist

Reaction score
Blu Sky Plan is free, however Exocad is the way to go...I wish they had the tooth libraries from BSP on Exocad.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Blu Sky Plan is free, however Exocad is the way to go...I wish they had the tooth libraries from BSP on Exocad.
The availability of exocad tooth libraries is astounding, I think I've collected somewhere near 450 from colleagues, homebrews, various online Russians

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
I used to work for Dental Wings ! XD
I know Straumann has their software but no idea what the price is in 2024