CAD/CAM Training

S

Solid

Reaction score
Hello

Are there any Labs or "organizations" across the US that offer CAD/CAM courses?
Can you name few or recommend any

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Hello

Are there any Labs or "organizations" across the US that offer CAD/CAM courses?
Can you name few or recommend any

DT technologies and CAP both offer great courses from beginner to advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
YouTube, Google, are Argen when you buy a scanner from them, cap, cap acadamy, you pay a 3shape certified trainer 1500.00 plus, on here, face book lol the list can go on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

S

Solid

Reaction score
YouTube, Google, are Argen when you buy a scanner from them, cap, cap acadamy, you pay a 3shape certified trainer 1500.00 plus, on here, face book lol the list can go on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QU

the idea is just hands on training on actual cases for a month. without having to buy scanner

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
The basic questions I would have is: What exactly are you looking for in a "CAD/CAM" training course, how many days can you commit to, are you wanting this training at your facility or at a training facility somewhere in the USA or other country?
More specifically:
CAD Training
  1. What, if any specific CAD software (i.e. exocad, 3Shape, DentalWings, etc.)?
  2. What application/modules (i.e. basic crown & bridge, abutments, dental bars, etc.)
  3. Do you desire training on the scanning process (i.e. set-up, techniques, etc.)
CAM Training
  1. What, if any specific CAM software (i.e. hyperDENT, sum3D, DentMILL, etc.)?
  2. What application/modules (i.e. basic crown & bridge, splints, guides, abutments, dental bars, etc.)
  3. Are you looking for generic CAM instruction relative to standard template selection or are you looking for "real" CAM training to understand
    • Cutting tool selection
    • Machining strategies (types, applications, associated parameters etc.)
    • Feeds and speeds
    • Toolpath analysis and optimization
  4. CNC Training
    • Do you desire this hands-on training?
    • What indications (single units, bridges, guides, abutments, bars, etc.)?
    • Machine set-up and operation
    • Troubleshooting machine or quality issues
      • broken cutters
      • machine time/optimization
Workflow Training
  1. Process training (elements, functions, products, timing, etc).
  2. Post processing
    • Quality assessment
    • benching/hand-finishing
    • Staining, glazing, sintering,
    • Troubleshooting problems related to
      • Restoration quality
        • surface quality
        • chipped margins
        • gouges and mismatches
Are you looking to gain a basic functional understanding on the basic CAD and CAM functions not related to any specific software product or do you desire a more in-dept knowledge of what goes on "behind the scenes" (as part of the initial training or follow-up training) of say, the pre-packaged templates provided by a particular distributor of digital dental solutions?

We have been in the CAD/CAM training business since 1994 and can offer a wide variety of training options at our Corporate Training Facilities or with one of our Regional Training Partners that might be located near you.

You can find out more about our training offerings by visiting http://axsysinc.com/AxsysTraining.html. Although this site pertains to our industrial business, it gives you an idea of what kinds of training is available as well as the environment you would be trained in at our corporate facility.

Dental related training would of course be provided utilizing the products we distribute which include: our exocad powered CameoDS design (CAD) software, hyperDENT, DentMILL or our cameoNC (CAM software) and one of Versamill 5-axis Precision Dental Machining Centers.

If you are interested, shoot me a message and we can discuss your objectives to determine whether or not our standard programs or a custom developed program might suite your needs.​

K

Kelvin Tantono

Reaction score
The basic questions I would have is: What exactly are you looking for in a "CAD/CAM" training course, how many days can you commit to, are you wanting this training at your facility or at a training facility somewhere in the USA or other country?
More specifically:
CAD Training
  1. What, if any specific CAD software (i.e. exocad, 3Shape, DentalWings, etc.)?
  2. What application/modules (i.e. basic crown & bridge, abutments, dental bars, etc.)
  3. Do you desire training on the scanning process (i.e. set-up, techniques, etc.)
CAM Training
  1. What, if any specific CAM software (i.e. hyperDENT, sum3D, DentMILL, etc.)?
  2. What application/modules (i.e. basic crown & bridge, splints, guides, abutments, dental bars, etc.)
  3. Are you looking for generic CAM instruction relative to standard template selection or are you looking for "real" CAM training to understand
    • Cutting tool selection
    • Machining strategies (types, applications, associated parameters etc.)
    • Feeds and speeds
    • Toolpath analysis and optimization
  4. CNC Training
    • Do you desire this hands-on training?
    • What indications (single units, bridges, guides, abutments, bars, etc.)?
    • Machine set-up and operation
    • Troubleshooting machine or quality issues
      • broken cutters
      • machine time/optimization
Workflow Training
  1. Process training (elements, functions, products, timing, etc).
  2. Post processing
    • Quality assessment
    • benching/hand-finishing
    • Staining, glazing, sintering,
    • Troubleshooting problems related to
      • Restoration quality
        • surface quality
        • chipped margins
        • gouges and mismatches
Are you looking to gain a basic functional understanding on the basic CAD and CAM functions not related to any specific software product or do you desire a more in-dept knowledge of what goes on "behind the scenes" (as part of the initial training or follow-up training) of say, the pre-packaged templates provided by a particular distributor of digital dental solutions?

We have been in the CAD/CAM training business since 1994 and can offer a wide variety of training options at our Corporate Training Facilities or with one of our Regional Training Partners that might be located near you.

You can find out more about our training offerings by visiting http://axsysinc.com/AxsysTraining.html. Although this site pertains to our industrial business, it gives you an idea of what kinds of training is available as well as the environment you would be trained in at our corporate facility.

Dental related training would of course be provided utilizing the products we distribute which include: our exocad powered CameoDS design (CAD) software, hyperDENT, DentMILL or our cameoNC (CAM software) and one of Versamill 5-axis Precision Dental Machining Centers.

If you are interested, shoot me a message and we can discuss your objectives to determine whether or not our standard programs or a custom developed program might suite your needs.​
interestinggg