CAD CAM Telescopes and frameworks

• Thread starter Jack_the_dentureman
  • Start date
Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Hello. I wonder what materials to use and how to design the copings and framework in the bridge on telescopes. All parts milled
my idea for materials is:
crowns of zirconium, cocr or peek. But what for better retention force ?
Framework of
- bredent hipc becouse bond to veneering composite material
- peek becouse it is stronger than hipc.
- Cocr becouse its metal ?
Lookong
I am looking for some information about the strength of these works and their difficulties of milling.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You will need a tactile scanner for the precision friction fit and a decent mill.
Look to the Germans for the technique and materials as this has been their forte.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i just done a couple lately using my m4 zirkonzahn i works great . cocr and peek.my biggest problem has been too much retention.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
If made over teeth, peek primary would need maybe too much volume, think gold or metal would work better .
If made over implants, no problemo. Peek over peek for sure. Just mill some samples with different gaps before you mill the final over structure. For my Roland and my tools, gap is between -0.03 and -0.036

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Thank you for your response guys.

If made over teeth, peek primary would need maybe too much volume, think gold or metal would work better .
If made over implants, no problemo. Peek over peek for sure. Just mill some samples with different gaps before you mill the final over structure. For my Roland and my tools, gap is between -0.03 and -0.036

Thanks to
Uhh hard to mill gold inhouse.
For sure peek will be thicker, But why not zirconia ? is metal CoCr primary telescopic is better ?
If peek is good as milled framework, secundary tele, easy to mill, ok
But I'm also interested in Hipc, the manufacturer claims that it can be used for primary crowns, secondary crowns and tertiary ...
Do you think that the material that is similar to Pmma will be strong enough and will last a long time retention ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
there is a study done by the uni of Pennsylvania or Munich i cant remember which one but its on the Zirkonzahn web site in the studies section. it says peek or there version of peek is similar to gold in its ability to last as a secondary component to gold. what you put on top is up to you ceramics will last longer than plastic teeth for instance there is a lot of telescopic work on the site they use mainly Zi over peek sleeves it work very well.

Top Bottom