[CAD/CAM Scan Solution] Snow Scan Powder: 12x more accurate & 60x more economical than spray

dpark39

dpark39

Sponsors
Snow Scan Powder is a brand new alternative to scan spray for CAD/CAM. It is up to 12x more accurate with a 1μm coating, compared to spray’s average coating of 12μm. It is up to 60x more economical, yielding over 3000 abutment scans per container, compared to just 50 scans per spray can. It leaves a perfectly even coating, has no dry wait time, and easy to clean up. The dust-like powder adheres to metal, wax, zirconia, stone, resin, and other shiny surfaces.

This has been an easy no-brainer decision once labs have given it a try. We're truly excited about the potential of this product due to the fact that it's still more affordable/economical than cheap alternatives like foot spray or dry shampoo.

Try one for yourself: https://www.snowrockusa.com/snowscanpowder

We will post additional information soon and welcome any questions and/or testimonials in this thread.

Flyers_SnowScanPowder_14e-1.png

Attachments

OP
dpark39

dpark39

Sponsors
@Car 54 @2thm8kr

I'm not sure if there's any others on DLN that have already got it; but would you guys be willing to share some thoughts on our scan powder after using it for a couple weeks now?

OP
dpark39

dpark39

Sponsors
First case scanned with this stuff. Totally impressed with how little it takes to get a clean scan!
Will probably have to make changes to our settings. Milling a crown over an abutment to experiment with the fit.
Ciao
You won't be disappointed. A friend told me about it. I saw it demo'ed at a show, but had to try it for myself.
emax CAD fit a custom zr abutment better than our usual technique first one out of the gate.
Word!

It doesn't make near the mess, you can barely see it on the hybrid abutment.
This screen shot shows how clean the surface is. At the bottom where the scan looks tattered is where there is no or little powder.

View attachment 34272
Let alone 2th's excellent photo, here is a opaqued UCLA abutment. The upper part of the analog was shiny due to polishing
those abutments on a analog. The snow scan took care of it easily.

I know I have a flat on the distal of the abutment, but it was a tight fit there.
Here is the crown right after try in. I matched my emax crown to the other lateral which I did 4-5 years ago.
But in this case the patient wanted me to make it more monochromatic, maybe rightly so, like the centrals, which was easily done with InSync.

Just a reminder of proper framework support for our porcelain, as whoever did the #6-4 bridge, didn't follow it.

View attachment 34335 View attachment 34336

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
@Car 54 @2thm8kr
I'm not sure if there's any others on DLN that have already got it; but would you guys be willing to share some thoughts on our scan powder after using it for a couple weeks now?
It's been used here several times by me and others for abutment scans. It works great. More consistent than spray and I have legit graffiti skills with a spray can.
I have been experimenting with full denture scans. I need to work on my technique a bit before posting some screen shots of scans.
What's been really great for me is the clients with IO scanners using it to powder a partial and scan it top and bottom in their hand. They are green with this technique, but I believe with some coaching and explanation why it's important my life will be easier on crown to partial cases, no models. They had been using fit check which is really thick and doesn't help when matching to a scan of a partial in place. Still need to dial this in.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
dpark, 2th is using it in a broader, more advanced way than I am, I'm still limited with the type of work that I do in mainly using it on implant abutments in which it works great. It's my new spray powder replacement for those cases.

millennium

millennium

@Car 54 @2thm8kr

I have it and its freaken awesome! I used it for wax, shiny Ti bases and soft tissue. Saved me a lot of time and cursing.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
The brush is even nice, it applies it so smooth and fine. That little jar is going to last a long time.

OP
dpark39

dpark39

Sponsors
It's been used here several times by me and others for abutment scans. It works great. More consistent than spray and I have legit graffiti skills with a spray can.
I have been experimenting with full denture scans. I need to work on my technique a bit before posting some screen shots of scans.
What's been really great for me is the clients with IO scanners using it to powder a partial and scan it top and bottom in their hand. They are green with this technique, but I believe with some coaching and explanation why it's important my life will be easier on crown to partial cases, no models. They had been using fit check which is really thick and doesn't help when matching to a scan of a partial in place. Still need to dial this in.
I have it and its freaken awesome! I used it for wax, shiny Ti bases and soft tissue. Saved me a lot of time and cursing.
The brush is even nice, it applies it so smooth and fine. That little jar is going to last a long time.
If you know you know :) we've had many others that understand its value immediately like you guys, but there are some cases where a lab and/or dealer don't quite get it right away...

any tips on how we can better communicate its value from a technician's point of view? @Car 54 @2thm8kr @millennium

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Yes, it worked great on a rough, fast fill in the space and find a length wax up for missing laterals that a partial is filling in for now, until I get these 2 - 3 unit bridges
done. The powder leaves on a nice thin dull coat on the wax, from cuspid to cuspid. No problems in scanning it.

waxup.JPG

If you know you know :) we've had many others that understand its value immediately like you guys, but there are some cases where a lab and/or dealer don't quite get it right away...

any tips on how we can better communicate its value from a technician's point of view? @Car 54 @2thm8kr @millennium
Maybe just mention all the ways we're using it, and having great success with your magic powder?

Last edited:
millennium

millennium

Just used some scan powder on wax yesterday eve. Definitely helps a lot!

OP
dpark39

dpark39

Sponsors
Just ordered it. Wow not cheap at $170cdn
It seems expensive at first... but it's gonna last longer than 60 cans of spray and will be more accurate/consistent too! at least that's what we've tested and verified so far.

thank you mark!

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Top Bottom