Buying a Roland 52D soon

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
I use Roland 52 DCi with Millbox, but I also have Versamill with Hyperdent.
Like Roland 52DCi, great finishing for crowns. Depending on what do you want you want to mill. Roland is slower than any other milling machine I worked with. Zirconia Hybrid screw retained in 25 mm puck can easily take from 3-4,5 hr. Have that in mind. Overall I really like MIllbox. Easy to work with, and if you find one person that can explain all little things to you, then you are set.
Like hyperdent a lot too. Haven't tried it for Zirconia, but I like all set up. Easy to move and shows you immediately if there are any issues with case, or if you forgot something. Also in calculation if it fails, you can easier find an issue of why that happened than in Millbox.

Thanks for your reply. We ended up buying an Imes Icore 350i pro with Hyperdent. It's been awesome for us. 😁

L

labtek

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. We ended up buying an Imes Icore 350i pro with Hyperdent. It's been awesome for us. 😁
You were all set on a Roland....what convinced you to change and go with an Imes? I have a Roland 51D now and was looking to purchase another mill. I am leaning towards a 52dci. The Roland has been a good workhorse for us, but it is all we know, so is there a better option for milling full zirconias?
Thanks

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
You were all set on a Roland....what convinced you to change and go with an Imes? I have a Roland 51D now and was looking to purchase another mill. I am leaning towards a 52dci. The Roland has been a good workhorse for us, but it is all we know, so is there a better option for milling full zirconias?
Thanks
When we saw the Imes in person at Chicago, it made the Roland look like a toy. LOL
We also were very intrigued by being able to wet mill on the same machine.
We don't do a heck of a lot of e.max, but it has been nice to do it all in house now

N

NaturalA

Reaction score
We use Roland 52D. It is a great machine. Love how self-contained it is and looks cool. Also super user friendly. Very user serviceable.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It may be old news to some, but my email said the C clamp adapter is new.

For the price, it may be worth it?

They're offering a Zoom seminar on how to use it, Feb 10th, to its best advantage along with the Millbox CAM software.

W

www.Wixur.com

Reaction score
After 4 years of experience with Roland, I should say it is a good machine. Although I wish it was a bit faster in milling, the other features are ideal for a lab.
Good luck!

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Too bad the c clamp cant be used with disk changer.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
If you don't have input on a Roland, then please don't comment. I do not need to explain my choices
A man of conviction ,,,,I like that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Oh wait ,that Imes looks nice !"🤣

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
After 4 years of experience with Roland, I should say it is a good machine. Although I wish it was a bit faster in milling, the other features are ideal for a lab.
Good luck!
You can just speed up milling speed in vpanel.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can just speed up milling speed in vpanel.

I like the idea, but since it's an electric motor spindle, would that decrease the spindle life, or not tweaking the speed high enough to do that?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Speeding up the milling speed does not increase spindle speed.... it just moves faster.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Speeding up the milling speed does not increase spindle speed.... it just moves faster.

Two different things, got it. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom