Burs for Green State

all-in-dental

all-in-dental

Reaction score
Hey all, I hate the bur I am using to remove milled crowns from the pucks. Any suggestions?

I also don't love what I am using to remove the support stumps but that is secondary. Include links if possible

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
What are you using currently? Why do you hate it? I've had good luck with a coarse needle burr, we currently use Horico Diamond "AUFG 166 014" burrs but if you can get something with the... what do you call them, relief channels? Swarf gutters? spiralling down the length of the burr, those are great because they seem to help with swarf loading and overheating. Don't think they make needle burrs with those, though.
Green zirconia is so compliant that the actual abrasive grade or aggressiveness doesn't seem to matter much, the burr profile is my main concern. Needle for cutting units free from the larger disc, a cylindrical/drum profile for fine trimming of the sprue stubs, and a football if I need to gouge down past the surface plane for whatever reason. A big conical burr with a rounded cutting tip is a reasonable general-purpose tool for everything except initial sprue cutting, I always want a straight-sided tool with a big diameter for very clean flush-trimming, but a ball-shaped tip is also handy for the aforementioned gentle gouging.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I use a spiral cutter from AG to cut supports, it comes in their kit (SKU: 875521for the actual bur) regular diamonds for texture and fine detailing. A 79EF (Komet carbide) for removing stumps, contouring and bulk removal of the marginal offset. For fine refining of margin, the Wagner green state silicone abrasive points.

Top Bottom