BurnOut Oven Problem, any suggestions?

C

ChelseaS

Reaction score
My Ney Vulcan D-550 is getting hotter and hotter as of yesterday. I called tech support but haven't received a call back.
Could this be a bad thermocouple??? Oven is 5-10 years old, I opened yesterday to cast and it was neon hot! Cast came out okay though.
Today the only status is off or increasing temperature. I'm currently trying to regulate temp with the door. ;)
Is this fixable? As of now the readout of current temp seems accurate, but yesterday the display said it was at normal temp but it was really
much higher.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I say you better try bypassing the matter antimatter integrator before it fuses, otherwise you'll really be in trouble. As CRob pointed out, tick, tick, tick, boom.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My Ney Vulcan D-550 is getting hotter and hotter as of yesterday. I called tech support but haven't received a call back.
Could this be a bad thermocouple??? Oven is 5-10 years old, I opened yesterday to cast and it was neon hot! Cast came out okay though.
Today the only status is off or increasing temperature. I'm currently trying to regulate temp with the door. ;)
Is this fixable? As of now the readout of current temp seems accurate, but yesterday the display said it was at normal temp but it was really
much higher.
Thermocouple, relay or control board are all options. Does the machine report the true temperature? That rules out the thermocouple but indicates possibly the control board.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
much higher.
Burnout ovens are almost always fixable. The only question is whether parts are available, and which parts. It does sound like a thermocouple though and they are generally one of the simplest things to fix.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
usualy if is Thermocouple funace wont heat up. and will give error.Most like is output Triac or control bord.If when you stop program heat is still going up than it is triac output most like..Easy repaire.

C

ChelseaS

Reaction score
Tick Tick Boom! AAH! I did get a third party to talk to Dentsply and they said it was probably a Triac. Is that something you can replace yourself or is an electrician needed? I'm handy-ish. The first day it was off it was not displaying the true temp, but the next day it was, so maybe not the thermocouple, but I ordered one just in case, and because they aren't making them anymore.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
Triac you can get overnight from Digy Key asked triac 40A 600V TO3 housing with transfer heat sinc paste to put on base of triac.Its two screw and 3 push pull contacts.And if you have thermocouple is good to change anyhow

E

edgwdl

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your problem? I have an extra Ney 3-130

C

ChelseaS

Reaction score
Yes, the oven is fixed! We changed out the thermocouple and the triac and now it is all good. Hopefully it will last another decade since it's now unsupported by the manufacturer.

T

tooey

Reaction score
much higher.
hello
i had an electrician bypass all controls on my burnout oven when it went out and he replaced it with an Omega single setpoint temp. controller (6100) series so very happy i made that decision, saved me a bunch of money.,, downside is it is a single setpoint..,, never an issue though.
this link is close to the controller that was installed. hope this helps you

C

ChelseaS

Reaction score
hello
i had an electrician bypass all controls on my burnout oven when it went out and he replaced it with an Omega single setpoint temp. controller (6100) series so very happy i made that decision, saved me a bunch of money.,, downside is it is a single setpoint..,, never an issue though.
this link is close to the controller that was installed. hope this helps you

thank you for the info!