Bubbles in e.max

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
Yes I have, and yes the sprues are approximately 3-4 mm long. It's just so hard for me to believe I'm the only one who has ever had this problem. The Ivoclar guys have been trying to help me with this since the middle if last year. They are still trying to figure this out. I use DVA Very Special Separator., no debubbleiser., and as far as the burn out time, Galaxy 2 says to burn out for almost an hour (around 50 min) for the 200 gm rings. I did 66 minutes. Thinking this is possible gases not fully burnt out, I pressed another ring, and burnt it out for about 1 1/5 hrs. That pressed fine so I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Make sure the end of your press rod in the oven is clean and not sticking to the plunger. Use disposable plungers. Use a clean die lube like Hi-tech and DONT use any wax pattern cleaner/debubbleizer. Don't leave your ring in the burnout more than an hour and double check its temp. Too hot will cause problems. 850 is recommended, but I like just a bit cooler. I use 845.
Yea I think im down to 843...

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
What were the issues that you attributed to your burnout being too hot, that caused you to feel the need to lower the temperature to 845, for one, and 843 for the other?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
What were the issues that you attributed to your burnout being too hot, that caused you to feel the need to lower the temperature to 845, for one, and 843 for the other?

Flash and eggsshell texture...
I wasn't getting a change in results while adjusting the press program. So I changed the burnout ovens temp, and it made things better...

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
M. Brian,
Have you done a calibration lately?
Is that a HT pressing or a wet LT.? Just in case you're in the wrong program.
I have never seen breakdown from the first ring to the third ring if the burnout is loaded. Can't think that 55min to 95min is the issue.

An aside, the Komet discs work better than the Dynex. Ten pak, 9527-900-200. And better than burning up expensive diamond discs.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the discs. The furnaces are due for a calibration. What do you mean by "wet LT"? These pressings yesterday were an HT ingot. And I did make sure it is the right program. But I have also had these bubbles in the LT as well.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the discs. The furnaces are due for a calibration. What do you mean by "wet LT"? These pressings yesterday were an HT ingot. And I did make sure it is the right program. But I have also had these bubbles in the LT as well.

Your photo appeared to show your pressings had water on them to give a wet look. Or, they were shiny because they were HT.
Run your cal program with ATK. Maybe your oven is off, running Hot.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
Calibrating as we speak. They are HT, and they may have been wet for more clear effect too... I get it. Sorry for the "no brainer"... At the time I responded it was too early in morning, here in Guam. That, or "no brain". :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just curious...what press are you using and what are your high temps for HT and LT programs?

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
EP 5000 (X2) Pre programmed high temp at 915C for HT, I believe. Not sure about the LT. They are calibrating right now so I can't look it up at the moment. Afraid if I hit the esc. button I will abort the program.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
It appears that the temp is the same for both ingots in a 200 grm ring of 915C, but 910 for the HT in the 100 gm ring and 915 for the LT.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
The difference is in the hold time for the 200 gm rings. LT holds at that temp for 30 min and HT for 25 min.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Your numbers are fine.
Did you notice the new values listed when your cal program was finished? Can also be found in
the " i " info settings 7/11. Good idea to keep track of that to reference in the future.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
No. What are the "new values"? I looked in the "i" section and didn't see anything about "values". My software version is V6.10.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
If it is the section that shows "Current" and "change" I see this, but do not know how to interpret.
Current 660 •C Calibration -5.0
Change 660 •C Calibration -2.1
Current 962 •C Calibration -6.0
Change 962 •C Calibration -0.6
If you think this is important for me to understand, can you make sense of it for me?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe look in your book, but if you go through your screen in the i > you should find it. its called calibration values. Usually a neg number, 5-9, for the two temps that are calibrated, 660 & 962C.
if those numbers are -10 or more I would call IVO.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
If it is the section that shows "Current" and "change" I see this, but do not know how to interpret.
Current 660 •C Calibration -5.0
Change 660 •C Calibration -2.1
Current 962 •C Calibration -6.0
Change 962 •C Calibration -0.6
If you think this is important for me to understand, can you make sense of it for me?

OK. Should be fine from what Ive been told. Just try to press and see if its solved.

M

M. Brian.

Reaction score
Just goes to show that when you (I) rely too much on technology, laziness creeps in and you (I) can't even remember your (my) best friends phone number, or useful information on an expensive piece of equipment. Thank you for your helpful instructions and patience in dealing with my ignorance. :)