Bubbles bubbles every bake

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No vacuum, didn't condense enough, or high heat/hold not high enough on bake cycle.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It looks like contamination.
Like when the Americans come to our lake with their sea trawlers and 400 lb yoga pants daughters.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
A

Last edited:
Adi

Adi

Reaction score
There must be some sort of contamination, either in your Zirliner or your Ceram porcelain.
In zirliner? !! Even after it was baked?!!
I grinded them all the way to zirliner layer, rebuilt them using water instead of building liquid, and still have bubbles .
So zirliner contamination is a worthy thought, but what does it exactly mean? How did it happen, or how to avoid it?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I dumped the zirliner years ago.
I prefer to glaze including stain and then buildup over the glazed surface.
Glaze instead of zirliner?
This is news to me.
Is this acceptable?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Glaze instead of zirliner?
This is news to me.
Is this acceptable?
It has to be about 5 years or more that I have been doing this.
Once I began using GC Lustre paste, I began using this as my liner because I could internal stain with it.
I never had any delamination what so ever.
Once the newer preshaded zirconias came on the market , I have been doing more fczs, but still would bake on some translucent emax incisals when req'd.
Now I have transitioned the MIYO by jensen and use it for everything however there are times when I will still bake clear emax when my design sucks and need to add.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
After glazing, inspect your surface area for tiny bubbles( insert your Don ho memes here).
I suspect it could be dirty air from your compressor or maybe you fired a pfm in your furnace?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Contamination can come from many sources. Could be as obscure as oil mist in your vacuum line...when the vac is released it can suck the oil into the muffle. make sure you have a filter in line.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well of course I did🙄, how could that have any effect on other bakes!!🤔

:rolleyes:
sometimes firing an alloy in the same furnace as all ceramics can have a contaminating effect on them. Ask me how I know? ;) You make have to decontaminate your muffle or fire in a separate furnace. Now would be a good time to eliminate metal from your diet.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Emax ceram over zirconia.
Sandblast first, wash and do not touch it with fingers, never blot zirliner, check your hand for cream or oil. Substitute zirliner with regular porcelain and check the results. Do not use porcelain out of the bottle, it has to mixed well. Use another furnace to check contamination, do not use same furnace on PFM and ceramics. Good luck.