BruxZir Anterior

• Thread starter DentalLabHombre
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Anyone currently milling BruxZir Anterior? If so, what's the feedback from your customer base and what's the difference in shading and staining techniques vs. the regular BruxZir?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Hi Mark, i hope all is well. been a little while since we last interacted, hope to catch up some time soon!

we at BEGO USA just recently launched BruxZir Anterior as an official product offering back on May 1st. So far the feedback has been positive with the clients who have done BruxZir Anterior with us and continue to do so. each day we get alot of inquiries regarding this material from labs who are interested as well. i tried uploading a PDF file to this thread with a stain and glaze technical guide that one of my colleagues made just last week, but i guess it is too large of a file to post here. I have your email and will be forwarding it to you shortly.

if you have any questions, please feel free to reach me directly at [email protected] or 603-268-1549. can also call BEGO USA at 1-800-342-2346.

talk soon!
Aaron

V

VTDave

Reaction score
I also would like information about BruxZir Anterior. Can it be a solid BruxZir Anterior or does it have to have a porcelain veneer on it for esthetics? I see labs saying this: "Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain for improved esthetics". Anyone have any pics of work done with this?

Full disclosure - I am not a lab guy. I have had problems with dental materials. I like captek, but not many people use it anymore. My new dentist likes Bruxzir and did a molar crown with it. It worked great for the molar. I told him that I have had problems with the lithium ceramics and there can be no lithium ceramic veneer on this anterior bridge. He agreed to that.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
while we don't want to be accused of unlicensed advice-giving about things like this, what you describe is a zirconia crown. a captek, but using zirconia instead of gold. thats what the words literally mean.

many people will do porcelain to gold still.

i can see by your post history we've been over the ins and outs of the composition of porcelain and veneering before.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
no one worth their salt is using craptek anymore....if ever.
that being said, any of the products listed by your post (@VTDave ) are viable options for most people.....give the proper conditions, preparations, treatment planning, etc, etc, etc.
to "like captek" but have "problems" with lithium ceramics is suspicious IMHO
not to mention, WHY cant there be ceramic layered on the bridge? i bet there can be ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it was shortly after the last big patient thread VTDave was in, that the no patient policy was enacted.

V

VTDave

Reaction score
while we don't want to be accused of unlicensed advice-giving about things like this, what you describe is a zirconia crown. a captek, but using zirconia instead of gold. thats what the words literally mean.

many people will do porcelain to gold still.

i can see by your post history we've been over the ins and outs of the composition of porcelain and veneering before.

The labs that say "Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain for improved esthetics" describe the crown as Bruxzir. Maybe they are confused? This is exactly what the lab website says:

BruxZir® Anterior

BruxZir® Anterior is the latest advancement in the BruxZir Solid Zirconia product line. This highly esthetic restorative material is designed specifically to satisfy the esthetic and functional requirements of the anterior region of the mouth. Exhibiting an average flexural strength of 650 MPa with translucency and color similar to natural dentition, BruxZir Anterior is an ideal, esthetic solution for your anterior cases. BruxZir® Anterior requires less reduction than monolithic glass ceramic restorations and does not create wear on the patient’s natural opposing dentition during occlusal and parafunctional activity.
Indicated for anterior crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays. An esthetic solution for bruxers and grinders when PFM metal occlusal/lingual or full-cast restorations are not desired or when patient lacks the preparation space for a PFM or has broken a PFM in the past. Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain for improved esthetics.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I canot find any dentist who does porcelain to gold. At least not one who is willing to do work for me. It seems to be dying technology anyway - and companies are putting lithium in the ceramics for that too. At least that's what Noritake indicated to me.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The labs that say "Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain for improved esthetics" describe the crown as Bruxzir. Maybe they are confused? This is exactly what the lab website says:

BruxZir® Anterior

BruxZir® Anterior is the latest advancement in the BruxZir Solid Zirconia product line. This highly esthetic restorative material is designed specifically to satisfy the esthetic and functional requirements of the anterior region of the mouth. Exhibiting an average flexural strength of 650 MPa with translucency and color similar to natural dentition, BruxZir Anterior is an ideal, esthetic solution for your anterior cases. BruxZir® Anterior requires less reduction than monolithic glass ceramic restorations and does not create wear on the patient’s natural opposing dentition during occlusal and parafunctional activity.
Indicated for anterior crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays. An esthetic solution for bruxers and grinders when PFM metal occlusal/lingual or full-cast restorations are not desired or when patient lacks the preparation space for a PFM or has broken a PFM in the past. Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain for improved esthetics.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I canot find any dentist who does porcelain to gold. At least not one who is willing to do work for me. It seems to be dying technology anyway - and companies are putting lithium in the ceramics for that too. At least that's what Noritake indicated to me.
bruxzir is a brand of zirconia. just as kleenex is a brand of tissues

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Bruxzir is the name of the zirconia, its Brand Name. because it is trademarked.

its like Captek, also a trademark. proprietary material, composition.

Noritake makes many kinds of ceramics, they are a big company. Lithium is quite useful in ceramics especially for porcelains which need to bond to Emax (a lithium based material). i mean otherwise, there wouldnt be good adhesion.

lithium in zirconia porcelain would not be bad as a filler. it would absorb stain for giving life to an otherwise dead colour crown.

V

VTDave

Reaction score
no one worth their salt is using craptek anymore....if ever.
that being said, any of the products listed by your post (@VTDave ) are viable options for most people.....give the proper conditions, preparations, treatment planning, etc, etc, etc.
to "like captek" but have "problems" with lithium ceramics is suspicious IMHO
not to mention, WHY cant there be ceramic layered on the bridge? i bet there can be ;)
I have allergy problems with some dental materials. Ceramics containing lithium give me a very bad reaction. I have seen others post about it in medical forums.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sure. What kind of reactions do you experience?

Reminds me of people complaining theyre allergic to nickle, but there they are sitting in blue jeans. What..?!

You cant wear blue jeans with a nickle allergy.

V

VTDave

Reaction score
Sure. What kind of reactions do you experience?

Reminds me of people complaining theyre allergic to nickle, but there they are sitting in blue jeans. What..?!

You cant wear blue jeans with a nickle allergy.
Burning. It would even burn the back of my throat after eating. Polishing with diamond paste would help a bit, but my tongue would still burn. I'm fine with InLine porcelain and the Bruxzir crown I had put in a few months ago is not giving me any problems.

At least I have livened up this old Bruxzir Anterior thread. I would still like to see if anyone has pics. I hope the bridge I am going to get will look good next to my captek crowns.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Picture a poorly made anterior. then imagine it 50% worse. then you'll be halfway close to how it will really look.

Bruxzir sucks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
6a4843732cb98212ab06772133a28256--walter-matthau-dennis-the-menace.jpg

V

VTDave

Reaction score
Picture a poorly made anterior. then imagine it 50% worse. then you'll be halfway close to how it will really look.

Bruxzir sucks.
I may have to try it though. It beats having my mouth burn up.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lots of alternatives to Bruxzir though, and lots of treatment options besides zirconia.

sounds like the best idea would be to see an allergist before a dentist though. precursory googling of lithium allergy reveals nothing even close to the kind of thing you purport to present. there isn't enough lithium in a piece of porcelain to be close to the threshhold seen for patients using lithium as a mood swing drug (300mg)

lithium isn't a reactive ion either.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the reason this is going to be locked is to actively discourage this kind of answering patient questions. everytime we get into it, its a sh1tshow. nipping this in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom