Branson Clasp

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a Branson clasp for partials? After 30 years that's a new one for me.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Dontknow I've never heard of one, when you find out what it is let us know.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
There once was a bar and sleeve system sold under that name

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I did a google image search for Branson clasp and got this,
images

and this,
images

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I was hoping some lab locked soul crawled out of his cave got on last night and answered this question.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Did you ask your Dr what that clasps was? perhaps he could draw you one. Its probably an obscure name for back action or c clasp. I looked through my partial book, and my dads old dental school books got some pretty weird clasps, but they are pretty much just variations on the 5 or so common ones. There are seem to be 3-10 names for each clasp design you know how dental works.

daintybutton

daintybutton

Reaction score
Do any of you folks know if this style of attachment available as any type of alternate name? Or if there is any type of alternate option for creating a new denture on the old bar? (Specific to the Andrew's bar more than the branson attachment)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Do any of you folks know if this style of attachment available as any type of alternate name? Or if there is any type of alternate option for creating a new denture on the old bar? (Specific to the Andrew's bar more than the branson attachment)
Can you remove the existing attachment from current denture and use it? Honestly I still have no idea what a branson clasp is.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
It's been a very long time since I thought of one of these. Isn't this the denture with the open labial that has a bar/clasp that crosses the labial latches shut to assist with retention?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
It's been a very long time since I thought of one of these. Isn't this the denture with the open labial that has a bar/clasp that crosses the labial latches shut to assist with retention?
That's a Kennedy Bar

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
That's a Kennedy Bar
No, it's not a Kennedy bar. A Kennedy bar rests on the lingual. I woke up this morning and thought "what was I thinking" 🤣

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
No, it's not a Kennedy bar. A Kennedy bar rests on the lingual. I woke up this morning and thought "what was I thinking" 🤣
Lol I don't judge, Looks like it's a swing lock clasp, although my mind went to that when I saw Branson clasp it sounds very familiar.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Lol I don't judge, Looks like it's a swing lock clasp, although my mind went to that when I saw Branson clasp it sounds very familiar.
Thanks! Swing lock was what I was thinking about. I hated freeing up those things.

Top Bottom