Brand new Hotshot steamer caput

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I just got a hotshot steamer a few weeks ago. This morning it worked great then this afternoon there was no pressure. The LED indicators on front panel were still on. Tried the troublshooting tips from the manual. It says check the power relay which we did but not sure what to look for. Called the company but they were closed. Anyone have some guru knowledge on how to get it up and running?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
send it back and get a Reliable (thats the brand)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tooth brush and dish soap.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Did it

Have had two Reliable's. They appear to last 1.87569 years each before death

When are you retiring? :)
Unplug it awhile. Just 30 seconds. When you plug it back in and engage the steam heater you shoukd hear or feel a click/thump/tink. If not, the relay is not sctivsting.

It's a little box with four wires. Two on each side, likely with blade connectors. Two are control voltage, maybe relatively smaller wires. The other side will have one wire going to the heater directly or through the fuse. The other wire will probably go strsight to the plug wires or to them through the fuse.

If you are not trained in electrical do not open the box with it plugged in. You want to go home in your car, not being driven home with electrical burns.

Unplugged!
Check the solidity of the four wires on the boxy thing is first step.

If you have a meter: (the ohms setting may say resistance or just have an Omega-looks like a pair of headphones)
check the heater ends on the ohms setting. It should read well less than 1000, likely around 20.

Check the relay control voltage input points on the ohms setting. . That should read very very low too. The control voltage just energizes an electromagnet. The coil is what you are testing here. Bad coil, no magnet, no pull to close the circuit.

That's about all the safe things to test.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I say you drop a steamer in the box and return it, just for fun.

D

Diablo

Reaction score
I've gone through two brand new ones in the past few months. Both of them something in the handle let go while steaming and burned the hell out of my hand. I also noticed after I removed it from the counter that the wall behind it had smoke stains like something was frying inside. Returned both and had my money refunded.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Unplug it awhile. Just 30 seconds. When you plug it back in and engage the steam heater you shoukd hear or feel a click/thump/tink. If not, the relay is not sctivsting.

It's a little box with four wires. Two on each side, likely with blade connectors. Two are control voltage, maybe relatively smaller wires. The other side will have one wire going to the heater directly or through the fuse. The other wire will probably go strsight to the plug wires or to them through the fuse.

If you are not trained in electrical do not open the box with it plugged in. You want to go home in your car, not being driven home with electrical burns.

Unplugged!
Check the solidity of the four wires on the boxy thing is first step.

If you have a meter: (the ohms setting may say resistance or just have an Omega-looks like a pair of headphones)
check the heater ends on the ohms setting. It should read well less than 1000, likely around 20.

Check the relay control voltage input points on the ohms setting. . That should read very very low too. The control voltage just energizes an electromagnet. The coil is what you are testing here. Bad coil, no magnet, no pull to close the circuit.

That's about all the safe things to test.
Nice. I don’t know much about those meters but did check the fuse. I’ll do what you said manana

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Maybe ran out of water...Vroam
Water is filled!
Funny story along those lines. after a week of owning my current car I parked at work and couldn’t get my key out of the ignition. I tried everything I could think of but nothing. So I asked a Facebook group if it had happened to anyone else. They promptly asked if I had it in park. Problem solved

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Water is filled!
Funny story along those lines. after a week of owning my current car I parked at work and couldn’t get my key out of the ignition. I tried everything I could think of but nothing. So I asked a Facebook group if it had happened to anyone else. They promptly asked if I had it in park. Problem solved
First time I drove one of those keyless cars it took me a bit to figure out turning it off.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
First time I drove one of those keyless cars it took me a bit to figure out turning it off.
That’s the funny thing. It’s old school. I just didn’t put it in park. (Facepalm)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Did it

Have had two Reliable's. They appear to last 1.87569 years each before death

When are you retiring? :)
I gave up on steamers years ago. Realized it was easier to work clean,dump the 2 sided bite paper , and grinding the **** out of everything.Lay off the Cheetos at work Dexter!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We've got a Bar Instruments Steaman Jr. that we've had for 7 years, the only thing that has gone wrong with it is you have to replace the pressure cap about once a year, and replace the gasket in the cap about every 3-4 months.

Last edited: