Bonding Ti bases

J

jms804

Reaction score
I,m getting ready to attach Ti bases to a screw retained Zir bridge.
I have Multilink Hybrid. Will this work or do I need something else.
Thanks,
Jack

daintybutton

daintybutton

Reaction score
We used that for a while- so yes it does work, but eventually found better results using Monocem in most cases.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
that will work, used it before as well. moved on to GCem LinkAce per advice here. love it in comparison. personal preference though. either should work fine if handled properly

J

jms804

Reaction score
that will work, used it before as well. moved on to GCem LinkAce per advice here. love it in comparison. personal preference though. either should work fine if handled properly
Thanks for your reply.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Been using it for 3 years now and never had a debounding. Sand blast both ti base and inside of crown, steam and blow off with air. Apply monobond plus to both sides and let sit for 60sec and blow with air. Mix multi link on a mixing plate, I don't use mixing tips, waste way too much material. Apply the cement only on the ti base and slide into crown. Clean off excess cement and let cure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A

adl

Reaction score
I do the same as Sevan, still using the mixing tips. When I'll grow up I won't

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I do the same as Sevan, still using the mixing tips. When I'll grow up I won't

Dude the tips waste enough material to make at least 15 cementations, take the cap off press out a small amount and mix, i get double even triple the amount of cementations when doing it with out the tip as with the tip. Just saying. Ivoclar said the tips help compress the material together better, LOL no issues yet, never listen to the big man!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Lol is right, "helps to compress the material together better" =s buying it more often, more revenue $$

J

jms804

Reaction score
Dude the tips waste enough material to make at least 15 cementations, take the cap off press out a small amount and mix, i get double even triple the amount of cementations when doing it with out the tip as with the tip. Just saying. Ivoclar said the tips help compress the material together better, LOL no issues yet, never listen to the big man!

Thanks! Great Tip

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
I use Panavia on zirc and Multilink on pmma.

Perhaps some here can give some technical advice for me. I milled a pmma temp implant bridge, 2-15, and it sat after the mill without much issue. Somewhere along the line, I dont know how, the pmma got distorted and it did not seat well, necessitating some grinding inside the access holes. Now the holes have a cement gap of perhaps .8mm in some areas and much less in others. I imagine its best to remill the case but anyone who had a similar experience and who can give advice? Is it clinically safe to seat? It is a temp but I dont know for how long. Is there a material that can strongly and safely still cement such large gaps to the abutments?

W

Willard

Reaction score
I use Panavia on zirc and Multilink on pmma.

Perhaps some here can give some technical advice for me. I milled a pmma temp implant bridge, 2-15, and it sat after the mill without much issue. Somewhere along the line, I dont know how, the pmma got distorted and it did not seat well, necessitating some grinding inside the access holes. Now the holes have a cement gap of perhaps .8mm in some areas and much less in others. I imagine its best to remill the case but anyone who had a similar experience and who can give advice? Is it clinically safe to seat? It is a temp but I dont know for how long. Is there a material that can strongly and safely still cement such large gaps to the abutments?
I think you can repair pmma with regular repair acrylic or ortho resin . Why not do a minor reline on the gap?

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
I think you can repair pmma with regular repair acrylic or ortho resin . Why not do a minor reline on the gap?

Repairing with acrylic worked. Now I know a new process for if this happens again. Thanks!

technician

technician

Reaction score
I,m getting ready to attach Ti bases to a screw retained Zir bridge.
I have Multilink Hybrid. Will this work or do I need something else.
Thanks,
Jack

Hello RB any dual cement will work nicely. Notice the union between the Ti base and Zi will only be mechanical.

As some one suggested to sandblaster the Ti base I would strongly recommend not to that if you are using translucent Zi because you will get an even more grayish shaded crown.

Cheers!