Bleach Shade Options

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im having some difficulty hitting good bleach shades and would like some recommendations on different Zrs.
Ive used:
Beyond + can be slightly low in value
Katana STML NW nice for OM3, but the Ivoclar BL shades are more opaque and I cant match
LAVA Esthetic Pretty bright, but just not close enough on some

I just ordered some Ivoclar ZirCAD Multi, so we'll see.

Advice please!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Don't use the Incisals recommended by Origin (way off IMO),go 1/2 to 1 step lighter, even 1/2 step lighter with the liquid if needed, and MiYO from there.
Try a .5 Inc? Dilute the liquid to tone down the chroma.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Im having some difficulty hitting good bleach shades and would like some recommendations on different Zrs.
Ive used:
Katana STML NW nice for OM3, but the Ivoclar BL shades are more opaque and I cant match

Advice please!
There is also the Prime line from Ivoclar. But, as I have expressed here, there are some quality consistency issues. But it covers the whole Bleach range (BL1-BL4). Argen has a Multi line, too, with bleach shades. Although, I have not tried the Bleach shades, the 'regular' colors looks good.

user name

user name

Reaction score
When I spoke to the Ivoclar rep this morning (a friend from before he signed on with Ivoclar),he recommended I stay away from Prime because of inconsistent reslults.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
When I spoke to the Ivoclar rep this morning (a friend from before he signed on with Ivoclar),he recommended I stay away from Prime because of inconsistent reslults.
There you have it.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
We've had the same issue as you with the Katana STML NW, so we use the Ceramill Zolid FX White, it has almost the same strength as the STML, but when we need something stronger we use the Zolid HT+ PS BL (bleach)

Ive used:

Advice please!

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Ive used:

Advice please!
Have you tried Opal?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ive used:

Advice please!
Bob, when Vita released their new 3d Bleachedshade Guide many years ago I made the mistake of handing these out. No problem if you were using Vita porcelain on pfms but throw in zirconia and your screwed. Didn't take to long for me to give up using colored zirconia so I asked my milling lab to only light color the lingual or only a hint of color on the facials, depending on the bleached shade. ( btw, never saw a patient that matches Ivoclars Bleached shade guide, to opaque and white. I asked all my accounts to not use that guide. In my opinion its a freak shade guide. lol )
Anyway use white zirconia and color enamels only on these light 3d shades. Use with MiYO to nail in the value and shade, and use Vita's new zir porcelain if layering. This will solve all your 3d bleached shade problems.
I did use GC, Creation and Noritake's zir porcelain with their conversion charts and my modifications with success but Vita is so simple and no mixing.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi again, I've used Argen HT + White and Girbach Zolid FX White. For mid range I usually put on some very discreet incisal effects, don't want too strong and need to mask! I then dip in 50%: 50% B1 : Water. Using Version 6.0 Origin liquid. For BL 1, BL 2 I would just go un-stained and tone in with Miyo. Miyo Lumin Plus is a delight if you haven't tried it yet and Slate ( dark grey) , Cobalt (blue)are amazing, no specs!!🙂

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ugh.
I just saw a young lady for a shade match. She was complaining how yellow her teeth were.
They are brighter white than an OM1.

And yes, I did say it...youre teeth are as white as a toilet.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ugh.
I just saw a young lady for a shade match. She was complaining how yellow her teeth were.
They are brighter white than an OM1.

And yes, I did say it...youre teeth are as white as a toilet.
Curious if you used your Ivoclar BL guide on her, bet her teeth didn't match it.
Maybe your toilet was a closer match... lol