Blah hiossen

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i don't like hiossen. Anyways
A doctor sends me case and he orders the abutment. It's gold anodized at margin. Problem is margin is above the gum line and it's just a ledge of a margin so I can't cut it down right? What do I do with this thing?
image.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Call the Dr and email them this photo..it says it all. My thought to use this abutment with a high ling margin could be acceptable, it's just the gap under the ledge that is troubling. I like 2thm8kr's post, save the abutment for a rainy day, and do the custom abutment.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Custom hiossen?
If they don't have CAD solutions, cast one. You really don't have a choice.

We don't see Hiossen on the East coast, but aren't they a clone of Astratech?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
We can mill custom Titanium Hiossen abutments.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
It does not look like you will be able to improve the emergance with a custom abutment.

The part of the fixture under the margin in cad is fixed and will most likely not be able to drop. Take a picture of this abutment off the model and I can tell you for sure. If you have the packaging and the reference number I ca ntell you for sure I do a tremendous amount of hiossen in my lab.

Let me know if you need some advice.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
John, is what you're seeing, even with a castable, the abutment is at tissue level, and wouldn't be able to fill that void hygienically, and would pretty much end up where Riley's at now?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
prep it by hand just off the implant head and scan it and do an Emax, Pfm or a Zirconia crown.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Prep what by hand, the abutment that is on the implant now? If so, that sharp ledge would grind away, leaving a flat open area on the lingual, then filling that contour in with the final restoration contour? I like your creative idea, and maybe I'm just not thinking it through correctly?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Car 54.
Well, I do not know how much space is below the finish line or room to prep !, you could reduce the abutment wall thickness and create a finish margin line if I understand it correctly. And compensate and improve on the emargance profile with the finish product. The old fashion way.

Last edited:
I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
ship to us! two working day's and we ship back 2nd day... and anodizing if you would like.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It does not look like you will be able to improve the emergance with a custom abutment.

The part of the fixture under the margin in cad is fixed and will most likely not be able to drop. Take a picture of this abutment off the model and I can tell you for sure. If you have the packaging and the reference number I ca ntell you for sure I do a tremendous amount of hiossen in my lab.

Let me know if you need some advice.
Here you go.
Thanks for the input everyone! image.jpg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
You can probably drop it lower if it's milled from stock, rather than a blank.. it's the first difference I noticed on a couple abutments sent to Axis, but i'm sure Tyler can chime in on that. you won't have the errors thrown in from the "blank constraints"

Tyler can ship you out a scan jig i'm sure

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
John, is what you're seeing, even with a castable, the abutment is at tissue level, and wouldn't be able to fill that void hygienically, and would pretty much end up where Riley's at now?

John, no real need to answer my post, as I now see what you mean by looking at the photo Riley posted. That collar looks to be just like one of Saturn's rings..i.e. no real flared emergence profile to speak of...like I'm used to with Zimmer and BioHorizon abutments.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Car 54.
Well, I do not know how much space is below the finish line or room to prep !, you could reduce the abutment wall thickness and create a finish margin line if I understand it correctly. And compensate and improve on the emargance profile with the finish product. The old fashion way.

Yes, thanks Tayeb...it's just that now seeing the photo Riley posted (#17),changed my perspective a bit.

Edit: Tayeb, I hope I didn't' sound like I had my hands on my hips calling you out in my previous post# 13. Sometimes I don't word things to well.

Last edited: