Bite

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Aren't you in Texas? Please be safe with the storm headed your way.

Thanks, but I'm not sure we'll even get rain up here, south Texas will get most of the rain. I was in Galveston a few years ago before a hurricane went through, I was there one week before. I went back the next year and what a mess it was, they are still rebuilding... Houston will flood and the coast will suffer a lot of damage.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Question/poll for you guys - If you have a patient who has acquired a protrusive bite due to an incorrect centric taken during original dentures, do you adjust and make denture to the new acquired bite or do you force natural centric relation and fabricate to that bite?
Oh Man I hate those, no matter what you do you'll be wrong, Edentulous People tend to go protrusive as they relax, if you try to take them back there's a 50/50 chance they won't tolerate the change. A lot of times they're using too much adhesive or wearing there dentures all night and have swollen inflamed tissues from chronic candidia infections so getting a good impression is nearly impossible too.

From what I've seen, I go for the centric bite with 10 degree teeth, if they revert to the protrusive bite, the dentures can usually be functional with only some occlusal adjustments. The chances of a remake will be higher than normal.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Oh Man I hate those, no matter what you do you'll be wrong, Edentulous People tend to go protrusive as they relax, if you try to take them back there's a 50/50 chance they won't tolerate the change. A lot of times they're using too much adhesive or wearing there dentures all night and have swollen inflamed tissues from chronic candidia infections so getting a good impression is nearly impossible too.

From what I've seen, I go for the centric bite with 10 degree teeth, if they revert to the protrusive bite, the dentures can usually be functional with only some occlusal adjustments. The chances of a remake will be higher than normal.
I would add to that that IF you do want to get back to CR, you'd better make an orthotic and let time reprogram,
Otherwise, your route is the only practical option

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I would add to that that IF you do want to get back to CR, you'd better make an orthotic and let time reprogram,
Otherwise, your route is the only practical option
I do just that...I have had several cases now and Class II s always get a pin tracing.....Over closure is a common error which will cause an artificial protrusion...We need to restore the vertical dimension first....Patients can tolerate it...The only time I might close the bite is when there is really and I say really bad diversion of the arches....

Top Bottom